A U.S. Democrat to Go to North Korea for Nuclear Talks

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Oct 13, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

ah, just another whiny, complaining democrat not leading or solving any problems, right? :)

i wonder if mr richardson is considering a WH bid.

2. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Rumor has it yes.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I wish he would because the Democrats seem to want to nominate "Senators". Senators do not get elected to the Whitehouse in America. We need someone who is a little less party blind. I like Bill

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

The thing I worry about with Richardson is that the mess at Los Alamos will be good ammunition for a smear campaign.

Otherwise he's a good candidate. Hispanic too IIRC, which could prove interesting.

5. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I agree on all counts. The Wen Ho Lee case may torpedo any attempts to run in 2008, but he has quite a resumé otherwise. His mother is from Mexico, IIRC.

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Pardon my poor memory but how was Richardson involved with Wen Ho Lee?

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

How was John Kerry involved with cowardice and treason? How was Max Cleland involved with bin Laden? How was McCain involved with racism?

8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

If you're making the point that the Republicans will attempt to impugn the character of anyone who opposes them, then sure, I agree. But I was asking if they had anything specific they could use against Richardson.

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

No, but plenty of innuendo and accusations that will be enough to feed the right wing spin machine. And that's all there needs to be as we've seen all too often.

10. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Only that he was Sec. of Energy at the time. I'm not sure how much oversight of the investigation he actually had, but as the head of the agency involved he is a great target to blame the whole mess on.

11. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Ah, right. Thanks. I was struggling to remember which cabinet post he held.

12. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

OT, but an anecdote about mr richardson, when he was ambassador to the UN. my friend matt was renewing his passport, but for whatever reason it was taking forever. he managed to find, online, a gov't phone directory that included a direct line to mr richardson.

so matt called him and asked mr richardson to expedite his passport. mr richardson was fairly outraged and demanded to know how matt got his number, so he told him. he was advised to not call the number again.

the next day, the directory was no longer online. and shortly thereafter, my friend got his passport.