a Very iPod Father's Day

Discussion in 'Community' started by zelmo, Jun 19, 2005.

1. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Wow. I am completely blown away today.

This morning, my little guy gave me a 512MB Shuffle for Father's Day, along with a 3-pack of DLO silicon cases. Very cool. I've been wanting one since they were announced.
    Then my wife pulls out a 60GB iPod photo, AV cable, Agent 18 case, AND a Bose Sound Dock! :eek: :D

I had mentioned to my wife that I had pretty much maxed out my 20GB 4G iPod. So she went to the Apple Store and got all this gear for me. My wife inherits my Altec Lansing InMotion speaker system to use with her mini, and I gave our daughter my 20GB iPod. A few months back she had her U2 iPod stolen out of her car. She might have been happier than me this morning. Nah. :)

I've gotta go play now.

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Enjoy. My ungrateful brats haven't even noticed.
    :mad: :cool: :rolleyes:

3. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Congratulations! I am so glad that your family was able to get something that you liked.

We got my Dad a mobile (that's the thing that hangs on the ceiling, not a phone) because he is flat on his back for the next few months while he recovers from surgery associated with a very bad accident he was in. This way, he can look at the ceiling and have a little more fun with something pretty there.

Last year, we got him a Rev. A (that's what it was back then) blue iPod mini for his birthday.

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Correction: my daughter just produced a very beautiful card, in the nick of time! :D

5. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

It's the thought that counts...

Time for a diet?
    :)

7. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Well, i was being a bit pitiful. Ya on a diet, lost 12lbs so far. got a book about ww1 and ww2 antisubmarine warfare that I wanted, a nice shirt, and permission to get something nice. Sitting in a hotel in Wisc for a few days, so shopping around for a Canon S2 IS and 1gb very fast memory and some good battery rechargers.
    Just had to amplify how nice a present he got was by mentioning my t-shirts. Wife got them for me cause the ones I wear now are worn out. Kinda nice that way though you know.

8. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

They're only any good when they're ready to throw away. Wives don't understand that...

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Definitely an awesome father's day. Sending kudos your way, you were also able to spread the happiness around. The whole family won in this case.