A VERY newbie question

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by markintosh, Jul 4, 2004.

1. markintosh macrumors member

Jul 4, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I'm just about to purchase my first Mac.
    I've been a Windows user forever and have gotten used to a few things that I would very much like to take over to the Mac.

Some of the items I've been able to find answers to, so I hope this forum can help me out as I move along.

I really love Microsoft's Natural Keyboards, but I can't find if the Elite will work with the Mac. The Wireless one does, but I can't find any info about the regular wired one. Luckily, my Trackball Explorer will work!!

Also, is anyone running a Mac and a PC through a KVM switch? I'd like to just have one Keyboard/Mouse set.....

2. gorman macrumors member

Jul 19, 2002
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    I use the MS Natural Elite keyboard on my Mac, and it works perfectly. The IntelliType drivers let you set the Windows key to be the Apple/Command key too. Works flawlessly.

I have a friend that uses a KVM setup similar to that, and that works great for him.

You should be good to go :)
  3. jimjiminyjim macrumors 6502

Feb 24, 2003
    A quick post, and, 10 minutes later, your question is answered. MacRumors - all questions answered!
  4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    I thought I'd post some extra KVM data. If possible get a KVM that offers native USB to the clients. I have found that the PS/2->USB convertors do not work very well with Macs. I have a Belkin PRO2 series KVM that works perfectly with my powerbook. It has PS/2 inputs but the outputs are PS/2 or USB. It also has some sort of automatic mapping so the Windows key is the command key without needing any sort of drivers.