a way to increase battery life!!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by motulist, Jun 4, 2005.

1. motulist macrumors 68040

Dec 2, 2003
    I have NOT really tested this at all yet, but I'm excited about it, so I'm passing along my VERY preliminary report. At macbytes.com I found this software way to accelerate your graphics card...

which I thought was very cool, but when I was playing around with it, just for fun I DEcelerated the graphics card quite a bit (-64% gpu and -64% mem) until right before video glitches were apparent, and I noticed my remaining battery life counter in the menu kept creeping up extra minute by extra minute, and is continuing to do so as I speak! Could this really be true? Or is it just a reporting error? I don't know yet, but it seems plausible that it is a true effect. Try it and see for yourself! And report back if you have the same results.
  2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Wow, this is a really creative idea...keep us updated, my guinea pig friend! :D
  3. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Apr 11, 2004
    I overclocked the rage pro 128 16mb by 15% processor and 10% memory, I get a much smoother expose experiance and I will test it with games later on. I dont dare overclock my ibook because I am worried about over heating but I will underclock it on airplane trips to get better battery life.