A Wii issue

Discussion in 'Games' started by ScrewzLuse, Nov 20, 2006.

1. ScrewzLuse macrumors member

Jul 9, 2006
    Alright, so I managed to get my Wii after some waiting in line outside a target for a night. I'm curious, has anyone had any channel with the News, Weather, or Store channels? When I try to use them, I get a message saying I need to update the system. I updated when I first got the system and now, when I hit update when it says that, I get a message saying that there are no updates to install. I really have no way to update the system that I can think of to fix this. I'm wondering if this is an issue for anyone else or if anyone has any suggestions.

BTW: My roommate also has the same problem with his Wii so it's not just limited to me. Hopefully someone has a resolution or something or has heard this is a problem that's getting fixed.
  2. bowens macrumors 6502a

Jun 19, 2006
    Trenton, FL
    Those channels are not available yet. Search google, I know there is a schedule for the channel releases somewhere.

Edit: Link
  3. wako macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2005
    Shop Channel should be working...

Weather is suppose to be working later on this year, and News is suppose to work early next year.... or maybe the other way around....

Does anyone know how to add more channels though???
  4. ScrewzLuse thread starter macrumors member

Jul 9, 2006
    Ah, alright. I had heard people talking about the channels and assumed they were able to use the channels (most specifically, the store). Thanks for the info.
  5. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

May 1, 2003
    The weather and news channels aren't active right now, but the store channel works for me, I purchased zelda it runs great. If you have Wii connect 24 enabled, whenever the updates are released the Wii will download and install them automatically.
  6. oceanstar macrumors newbie

Nov 20, 2006
    interesting to know maybe they need to fix something