A Wolfe is on the hunt

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by LethalWolfe, Jun 1, 2004.

1. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I have no idea why I didn't do it sooner but I just installed F@H on my two home computers (a dual gig G4 QS and a P3-800). The Mac will be on just about 24/7 but the PC will only be on while I'm awake (it's loud + having both comps running at the same time for an extended period heats my room up too much). Power is included in my rent so no worries there. :D

At my new job we have a bunch of 1gig eMacs and I'm going to see about getting F@H running there too (at the very least it will be up on my machine). I'll also see what I can do to get some friends and family on board as well.

I installed the console version on both rigs. Any tips/tricks/hints I should know about?

Lethal

2. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Welcome, and enjoy your stats while you are passing people! That is always the most satisfying feature of folding (for me it is!!). For the dual G4, you have used the dual processor script of mc68k? Else only one proc is running!! A shame to waste that much power!

3. LethalWolfe thread starter macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

All I've done is d/l'ed F@H and installed it. Where can I find mc68k?

Lethal

4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Sounds like you'll be getting some nice output if you get the work machines up and running. :)

5. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Go to the Folding FAQ in this forum and there is a link to mc68k's page. He also have single proc script. It is a very easy script using the terminal. Goodluck!

6. LethalWolfe thread starter macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

D'oh. Thanx. I shoulda looked before I asked (that's what FAQ are for right?).

Lethal

7. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

ahhh, well, nobody looks at them, that is why they are there! If someone has a question they ask it immediately in a forum here. Why search for an answer yourself if everyone around you has the answer!