A Worth while Screenshot

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thousandsfall, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

2. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Not sure what this screenshot is meant to show but you would have thought that Apple would know how to spell 'position', or is possition some new feature?! :rolleyes:

3. KC9AIC macrumors 6502

KC9AIC

Is this a faked Tiger screenshot?

Anyway "Possition" should be position.

4. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Can't be Tiger. Tiger got rid of the favorites in the OS settings. There is a cut and paste error in the settings window on the left hand side.
    Bad fake if it is supposed to be one.

5. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

i'm pretty sure this poster is 12. the image is possibly the most horrendous fake i've ever seen, at least try a little harder.

there are so many obvious "faults" in the picture, my favorite of which is a toss up between the spelling errors and the obvious cut & paste window.

6. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

If Tiger actually looks anything like that, I'm certainly not upgrading!

The differences in font sizes and the like in the sidebar especially look Windows-like.

FAKE-EROO! :p

7. Coolvirus007 macrumors regular

Am i mssing something? Whats so funny about "Possition" which obviously has been added in with photoshop along with other weird sidebar.

8. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Plus if you look at the left side of the window you can see some funny graphic thing :rolleyes:

9. mkaake macrumors 65816

wow. i never thought i'd say this (because i get tired of the threads where everyone says that blah blah blah is fake because of the CMYK channels, blah blah blah), but this is a really horrible fake. i mean, it's bad. there's too many things to list it's so bad. nothing is the same size. the pref. pane itself was cut so sloppily that you can see part of the desktop that used to be behind it. the title bar is a completely different size than the pref pane bar. the -/+ slider is larger than any of the text.
    the text of the items in the sidebar is distorted, because it's been stretched up and down. the sidebar has no shadow. the dock icons above the sidebar don't have aa edges. the 'search hard drive' and 'google' search fields arent' in line with the slider above it. apple doesn't put 'google' above the search bar in safari, it puts it in gray in the search box itself, along with a little magnifying glass (if memory serves - writing this up at work on a 2000 box). the sidebar doesn't even go all the way to the edge of the screen.

anything else?

<edit>

oh yeah, all the spelling and punctuation errors in the pref pane itself - i think "Hide when Finders inactive" wa my favorite, with allways as a close second...

10. garybUK Guest

garybUK

....and it still says .mac in the title bar of the system prefs window

11. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

umm...get a dictionary, the original spell-checker. i cant exactly attest to the authneticity of the gui, but it isn't the right font and position has 1 s and always has 1 l. is that supposed to be a screenshot of spotlight? cause that's nowhere near what it looked like when steve jobs or phil schiller demo'ed it...and why does the preference pane thing say ".mac?" a bad photoshop job if one, a messed up gui if not...

12. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

^^he's good^^

13. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

It's Apple's new "CrapBar Extreme" navigation system.

Did "thousandsfall" really believe that thousands would fall for this?

14. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

A handy tip for would-be hoax promulgators: Interface Builder is your friend.

15. superkatalog macrumors regular

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.