"A Worthwile Screenshot"

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thousandsfall, Sep 14, 2004.

1. thousandsfall macrumors newbie

Now sevaral of you suggested the idea that i was 12. No I am not. But I do have the spelling of a 12 year old. As for the screenshot. I was messing around and I wanted to make my own version of OSX. When I was done I wanted to get opinions on it. Now if you have ever wrote "opionions please" on any forums you will know that you only get about two. Now how do you get people to write back? Make something contraversial. It worked. I went back and fixed all your bitching.

[​IMG]

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Looks to me like all you did was muck around with some font, font size, and position settings. You haven't made a new Mac OS X per se, you've just heavily customized it. You also seem to have taken advantage of features that are in the Tiger DP but not in Panther.

3. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

he just re-photoshopped a pic he posted earlier today to incluce some disauthenticities (word) that someone mentioned. for shame...for shame....lol jk

4. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Speaking from a UI point of view, I don't think your mock-up is realistic.

Why would anyone ever open Finder to do a search on Google? I don't think it would be much work / confusion for a user to open Safari and use the Google search bar there.

It looks like the Finder bar has buttons at the bottom, but lo, they are covered by the dock. This would never fly.

Also, the + / - at the top of the Finder pane is ambigious. If I use that, what am I resizing -- font size, icon size, the pane itself?

Nice shot, I just don't think it's realistic of any Apple design we'll see.

5. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

that is very very photoshopped, only a 12 year old would do something like that :p

6. ocellnuri macrumors regular

I still see a majority of the flaws.

7. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

or perhaps he didnt do it but is merely taking credit for it :p

8. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

9. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

No, my friend, you are very wrong.

I believe the correct thing you are looking for is : MS Paint

:p

10. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

another thread??? what is wrong with you boy!!!

11. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

if he does a third one i say we report him to a moderator for spamming our beautiful forums.

12. Edot macrumors 6502

Um...

The check boxes are misaligned(iDisk). Hide when "Finders" inactive? "Allways", are you kidding me? The Google bar has something under it! Ok, I am done looking at this. Anyway why don't you get a hold of Interface Builder from the Developers CD and save hours of photoshop work. Seriously.

13. thousandsfall thread starter macrumors newbie

Heres the thing. There are buttons on the bottom. You can access control panel, prefs, about this mac, and eject the cd tray. Maybe it wouldnt fly by Mac standards, but hell. I dont work for them. Youll be able to see the buttons when the dock is hidden. The -/+ is resizing, and it is not self explanitory by looking at it, but the thing about things like that is it never is. You have to try something before you figure out what it is on a computer. Also the search bars... I was thinking about OSX and I was thinking that some one should make some sort of software that you can have a bar on the side of the screen where you can access all your files, instead of having dozens of icons on your desktop. Then I thought it would be awsum if it had a customizable, which I forgot to ad in the prefs, internet search bar which would open up Safari/FireFox/IE/Whatever, sort of as a super fast way to get online. Those are my reasons behind it. Just so you know.

Also. I am sick of all you people saying "its so photoshoped" Yeah. It is. I am comming out and saying it. You cannot make fun of some one for admitting to doing something. It doesnt work that way. Hey another idea. Lets see you people take my idea and re-create it. Lets see if you can do a better job than me. Then will talk.

14. logi macrumors newbie

that was really stupid to say that, considering how you cant make anything beyond a simple smiley face in paint.

"if he does a third one i say we report him to a moderator for spamming our beautiful forums."

1. this isnt spam. 2. these forums arent beautiful.

15. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

Personally, I was really digging that post for a while. You made sense of a lot of the things that they brought up, then went on to make a good point. You said you did it in Photoshop... that's nothing to hold against you.

But there was something about the last part of your post that made me lose all my sympathy for you, and turned this post into a negative one.

Take a wild guess at what that little, defining moment of your post made everything you said worthless.

edit:
    You need to try harder

16. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Agreed. Insulting people who offer a critique is never a smart thing to do.

Posting two nearly identical threads on the same day isn't too good, either.

17. logi macrumors newbie

"that is very very photoshopped, only a 12 year old would do something like that"

You call that critiquing?

Somebody take up that offer. Then all of you can whine and complain again about how much it sucks.

18. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

someone mentioned the word 'spam'?

another chance for me to share this fantastic link:

the Fantastic Link!!

educational for all forum n00bs. and entertaining for everyone else. :D

now, about that screenie... why did you make that? i'm really confused now, i don't know why you'd do that...? are you trying to say that's your 'dream OS X'? what is the purpose of this thread? :confused:

19. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

it was a joke about the paint.

20. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

Copy, paste, cut, copy, paste..In no particular order it seems.

This thread is hilarious! Especially because of the people who keeps sticking up for this newb.

Also, that Paint work was awesome!

21. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

I said spam because the guy is repeatadly (2 times) starting threads that have no use whatsoever and should be put in the wasteland.

22. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

That is worse than the first one.
    And although your first thread had me laughing my ass off, this one is just sad. What are you trying to achieve here? I mean seriously. And creating another account to defend yourself?
    Ok, I'll admit it; it's not sad, actually it is hilarious. Please post more. :D