A "ZOMG! I BOUGHT A MAC!" subforum?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Allotriophagy, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

Where people can post their little threads about how they just bought a MacBook or whatever and receive congratulations or whatever it is they are after.

Maybe a Switcher subforum. Set up some server-side script which automatically moves threads there which contain enough trigger words and phrases like "WOW IT'S SO MUCH BETTER" and "WHY WAS I USING WINDOWS" and "ARGH THERE IS NO DECENT CAD SOFTWARE".

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

There used to be a switcher's forum; three pages of which still exist. For all I know, they may be the only pages that ever existed. However, doing away with the idea was a good one, I think, although I'm having trouble putting my finger on exactly why... :D

http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42

3. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I think the better question is: Would the switchers actually post in it? On other forums that have a switchers section they just post in Anything Goes anyway.

4. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

It's been my experience people will post in any topic regardless.Some leave.Some get banned.But they always do it.It's the whatever the most active topic is syndrome.

5. x704 macrumors regular

x704

There is some good CAD software out there, just not as much junk CAD as windows. I bought myself a copy of CSI-Concepts Unlimited (Edu version). It's the CAM section of software that no soluitions exist.

6. Allotriophagy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Meh. Get one of the moderators to move all the threads to the subforum. Then I can ignore that forum.

Don't get me wrong - I'm terribly excited for every new owner of a 20" iMac or a white MacBook. Just...not so much, any more.

7. Baron58 macrumors 6502

ArchiCAD and VectorWorks would beg to differ.

8. Allotriophagy thread starter macrumors 6502a

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I think a bunch of people would join you in ignoring that entire subforum.

Right now we stumble across the threads and beat the newbies, but if it is easier to ignore them...

:p