A1 GP: Brands Hatch

Discussion in 'Community' started by robbieduncan, Sep 25, 2005.

1. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I'm just back from the first ever A1 GP race at Brands Hatch. Overall a great day out and spectacular value for money compared to F1 (£35 for a race day ticket on the gate, £29 in advance compared with £99 for F1). The A1 GP cars seemed to be pretty good, very fast and amazingly loud.

I saw the Russian driver spin out right in front of me. Pretty frightening as it looked like he was going to smash into the barrier and shower us with bits for a while! The races after the A1 GP were even better (Old F1 cars, Caterhams, Formula Palmer Audi and a Gineta race in the rain).

The day would have been perfect if the mupets had done something to control the traffic trying to leave the massive field they were using as parking. Instead of controlling the cars they allowed somewhere between 25 and 40 queues form all trying to point out a single exit. It must have looked a bit like half a star from above! It took 1h 45minutes from getting to the car to getting on the road!

Anyone else go?

p.s. pictures to follow...

2. robbieduncan thread starter Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

3. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Tnx for sharing! :)

And tnx for highlighting the Dutch team! You really must have been very close to the Russian car incident.... very cool.

I love the idea of country-teams battling it out on the track. I think we're going to have much more fun with this kind of racing opposed to the boring F1 we now know....

I just wish they "upped" the HP a bit: 520 BHP is not alot compared to others.

Too bad I couldn't watch it today (uuhhmm yesterday technically :D ), but I will follow it through the winter! :cool:

4. robbieduncan thread starter Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It's one of the easier cars to identify! You guys really love orange :)

5. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Yep. Ever since the 17th century! ;)