AA online booking question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by yg17, May 1, 2006.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

A couple hours ago, I booked a flight at AA.com for later this month. On the top of my itnerary, it says this isn't a receipt, I'll receive a receipt soon which I need for check in, blah blah blah. I don't have said receipt, and I opted for e-mail delivery. Is this something I receive shortly before the flight or should I have gotten this already? Thanks.

2. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

If you payed for the ticket (credit card), you should have received an e-mail (if you selected that method of confirmation) within minutes of your purchase. You should have also been assigned a Locator number along with the confirmation. A subsequent e-mail receipt should also follow. There have been times, though few, where there was a delay of a few hours, but it seems odd that's in been two hours or more without something from AA.

3. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Now I have an email with the subject E-Ticket Confirmation. Should I be getting another one?

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

FWIW UAL differentiates between the E-Ticket Confirmation (which is needed for check-in w/Picture ID) and the receipt (which isn't useful for much). I suppose that if you log in to your AA account you should be able to reprint your receipt and E-Ticket confirmation from there as on UAL.

Not sure about AA, but many airlines also let you print your boarding pass at home the day of travel, or you can use a kiosk for check in at the airport and print your travel documents there.

B

5. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

If they've sent you your E-Ticket, you should be good to go. As balamw mentions, you can also use the Kiosk monitor to print your tickets at check in. I usually go to the desk and have them print my receipts and boarding passes, since I qualify for the Platinum check in. Aside from ID, the important item to have handy is your Locator number just in case. Have a good flight.