aaaaaargh mail / gmail stopped working!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PickledSquirrel, Jan 9, 2005.

1. PickledSquirrel macrumors regular

PickledSquirrel

I've used gmail through mail for a while with imeowbots little trick from this thread but all of a sudden it started wanting passwords over and over. Tried to configure new mail account following the step-by-step from gmail (several times, just to make sure...), but nothing happens when i ask mail to go get my gmail :confused: :confused: :confused:
    Any oracles out there who knows what magic button I've missed?

EDIT: Just figured I'd try for one last time before bed, followed the Step-by-step and the thing just works :eek: :eek:

I guess thats what happens once you actually ask for help

-Squirrel :rolleyes:

2. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Gmail still asks for a password every now and then, but if you just press cancel it'll start working again. An annoying quirk but hey it's still in beta and it's free.

3. PickledSquirrel thread starter macrumors regular

PickledSquirrel

guess Ill try that next time it freaks out... Thanks:)

I wasn't bashing Gmail, I know its beta and I like using it:). I was merely confused about my own lack of ability to make it communicate with mail

-Squirrel

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Yeah, it will get a little funky at times, but just cancel and it will be fine later. Can't complain too much about that, its free after all.

Woof, Woof - Dawg