Aaagh! Gutted and annoyed!

Discussion in 'Community' started by johnnyjibbs, Mar 13, 2005.

1. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Sorry, just needed a little place to vent some anger and annoyance with myself! :mad: :)

I finally received a letter back from Apple today regarding my Cram and Jam offer (Buy iPod+iBook and save £130 mail-in rebate). Of course, I've been disqualified. Apparently the only reason I didn't qualify was because I sent it in about one week too late. Although it was in for the deadline, it also had to be claimed within 30 days of purchase.

Anyway, angry with myself I grabbed the original PDF I stored of the terms and read them, word by word. I thought I had covered everything and there it was, plain and simple. I'd been hung up on the 9th Dec deadline date, but missed the bit about the 30 days - I sent mine off about 35 days after purchase because I'd had to get some stuff from Leeds, where the iBook had gone.

Now I'm really annoyed with myself. I would never had bought the iPod if I'd had to pay full price - I only got it because it would cost be £70 for it after the rebate. It feels like I've just got an expensive parking ticket because I slightly misread the parking restrictions sign.

I think I might just call Apple tomorrow anyway. They're certainly not obliged to do anything as it's there in the small print. But they stuck a big phone number at the bottom of my letter so it is so tempting! (I currently work in a call centre so I'm going to go easy on the poor operator on the other end, don't worry).

Actually, I might just ring up and beg. :p £130 is a lot of money for me and I was counting on that for my travelling. This has totally destroyed my confidence in mail-in rebates and seems like a massive punishment for my small mistake.

[/RANT!]

There, I think I've sorted it. :)

Anyone else annoyed with themselves for something like this?

2. iGav macrumors G3

it makes no difference ;) when you end up speaking to one of those lush sounding Apple girls, with those oh so smooth Irish accents... all your problems in the world are just soothed away... :) :p

Apple UK definitely know what buttons to press. ;)

3. bartelby macrumors Core

Damn Right!!!!!
    It's a good job they don't do tele-marketing, I wouldn't be able to say no to anything!!!

4. johnnyjibbs thread starter macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

I'm definitely calling tomorrow then.. ;) :p