aaah!!!! Word Woes*

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by blackpeter, May 13, 2002.

1. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2001
    Before you flame me for using MS products, just know that if AppleWorks translated well enough for my biz needs, I'd drop Office in an instant - but it doesn't.

That being said - can anyone explain why my font keeps reverting to Times (no matter how many times I tell Word to change it). When I start typing, it immedately goes back to Times. My only recourse is to write the whole doc in Times and change the font after - that sucks! Am I missing something here?
  2. AlphaTech macrumors 601

Oct 4, 2001
    Natick, MA
    Have you gone to the Format/Font menu yet??? Go there, select the font that you want to use for your everyday typing and then click on the 'default' button. It will ask for confirmation that you want to change the default font, tell it yes. Once you do that, it should start every document with that font as the default (you can change the fonts later for sections of the document, or select different defualt ones as the mood strikes you).
  3. cleo macrumors 65816

Jan 21, 2002
    Tampa Bay Area, FL, USA
    I believe this has something do to with Word using "styles." I agree, it is a horrendous pain in the arse. I think Alpha's right- the only workaround is to change the default font. If this is just for one project, or you're constantly changing fonts between documents, then you're just screwed. :)
  4. Choppaface macrumors 65816

Jan 22, 2002
    try going back midsentence in a line that has the font you like and start typing there. I find this particularly annoying on *all* word processors, where unless you change the font from the very beginning, often some default formatted blankspace gets left at the end, and it picks up on that when you go to the end of the document and try to start typing