AAC hating PC users

Discussion in 'Community' started by GroundLoop, Feb 12, 2004.

1. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

2. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

He goes on to say that if Apple ever goes extinct, he'll have a bunch of useless songs, but if Microsoft dumps the current format for a new one, which they have been know to do, then he'll have a bunch of wma's that he can't play. Besides, there's nothing to say that Apple can't setup iTunes to convert the songs to another format if they need to.

This guy has a lot of 'personal' beliefs in his article, and some flawed points of view... This is what I hate about the internet. It allows anyone to get onto a 'respectable' news site, and post a 'news article'.

Ladies and gentleman, you can't believe everything you read on the internet these days... (not that you ever could...)

3. MacQuest macrumors 6502a

We´re huntin´trolls boyz!!! YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAWW!!!

I´m gonna be so happy when HP-Compaq wintels start shipping with iTunes in just a short while, and HP releases it´s HP branded iPod in June.

What a slap in a face that was to Hell computer and the Hell Digital Jokebox... not a typo btw.:p HP obviously saw Hell´s laughable attempt to compete with Apple´s iPod and iTunes and said, ¨F%CK THAT!!!¨:eek:. ¨WE´RE NOT GONNA LOOK LIKE FOOL´S TOO!!

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I love the fact that all the other download services like ByeMusic.com and Crapster don´t even come close to iTunes´sales numbers... combined!!! :cool:

I say that another wintel manufacturer will jump on the bandwagon after seeing HP´s successful venture having teamed up with APPLE´s number one portable audio device...BY FAR... and adopting a much better codec than winBLOWS media audiHO, again... BY FAR!!!

Those that go ¨Win¨, lose.

PC user´s still don´t seem to get it. IF... and that´s a BIG ¨IF¨, you had the best hardware in the world, which you don´t because our G5´s are bitch slappin´Intel and the x86 architecture straight back into the 20th century :p, it still wouldn´t matter because the problem isn´t the hardware. It´s the NON Operating System made by Micrapsoft and the winDOPES users themselves.

Here trollie, trollie, trollie... :D

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

He spent WEEKS organizing his collection!!!

If he had been running iTunes, it would have taken a mouse click!!

What a ****ing dumbass!

5. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Upon further reading the article, I notice 1 other gaping hole in logic. He talks about how he may not be able to play his music on other digital players, or not at all in 4 years. Does he not realize that with iTMS main competitor, their big selling point is the unlimited streaming, and you can't play that on ANY digital player, and unless you have a subscription (and Napster is still around in 4 years) you won't be able to play that music?

I though for sure though that iTMS encoded at 192Kbps. Oh, well, you learn something every day I guess.

6. Opteron macrumors 6502

How do I report this thread. It's a trash subject.

7. MacQuest macrumors 6502a

:rolleyes: It´s in the ¨Community Discussion¨ forum so calm down.

If this thread were posted inappropriately in a specific Mac related forum, despite the fact that this is a predominantly Mac site, then I would be upset as well.

It´s not, so calm down. :mad:

As for how to report a thread, here´s a hint... there´s a link in the bottom right hand corner of every post that says ¨Report this post to a moderator¨. :eek:

8. howard macrumors 68020

howard

edit: sorry i'm stupid

9. Fukui macrumors 68000

Fukui

I'm sick of reading dumb articles like that one...
    Time to move along....lets not waste our life.

10. Opteron macrumors 6502

That was the point of my inital post.

11. MacQuest macrumors 6502a

I´ll admit I´ve been angry at useless ¨trolling¨posts in the past as well, I´ve just been MIA for awhile and was in ¨the mood¨.

I just want to see how this threads author responds so that I can get a good laugh because afterall, ¨laughter is the best medicine¨.

WinDRONES and Monopolysoft apologists make me laugh. :D

12. GroundLoop thread starter macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

I fail to see how I am a Microsoft apologist. I only posted the article because I knew that many Mac users (like myself) love to see uneducated stupidity documented. Just sit back and revel in the fact that 1/3 of MS Windows source code is being scoured so that newer and more vicious Windows viruses are likely on the way.

Hickman

13. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

opteron is right. one of the easiest ways for any tech/PC site to drive up the hits is to simply post "[apple/iTMS/iPod] is junk and [M$/napster/dell jukebox] is far superior." add in somewhat true but mostly misinformed rubbish and the bait is set...

14. spinner macrumors regular

LMAO! That's going in my sig! :D

15. MacQuest macrumors 6502a

DOH!!! MY BAD!!! :eek:

I thought that you were the author of the article you originally linked to and then I saw the following from that article -

¨The other week, when we ran a bunch of Linux articles and reviews, we were accused by some in the forums of ignoring Windows and Microsoft. The implication was that we were becoming open-source zealots. Well, guys, here's your comeuppance. Here's where I praise a Microsoft solution, slam the open stuff, and dis Apple, all at the same time.¨

Sorry for the confusion Hickman. :D

16. MacQuest macrumors 6502a

ROTFLMAO!!!.

Thanks for the acknowledgement. :D