AAPL going to hit $100 in Q1?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by manosaurus, Jan 7, 2007.

1. manosaurus macrumors 6502

manosaurus

Anoyone have any ideas about Apple's share price finally hitting $100? I am tempted buy now (5 or 6 shares only) at $85 just for fun and see what happens this quarter. Anyone else own or thinking about owning any of Apple out there?

2. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Well, if all goes well with the keynote, we just might pass that on tuesday :)

3. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I'm convinced Apple is always a good buy. Its a little higher than i like to buy at right now, but that being said I own about 250 (between mom and I) shares. I bought way back 2 years ago when it was $55. It went all the way to $100 last spring and split back to $42. Now it's back to $85.... do you see where this is going?

I sold off the majority after the stock plummeted when the options scandal became public....I've been kicking myself ever since.

I would have no doubt that another split could be coming this Spring.

Buy. Buy. Buy!

4. iPegboy macrumors regular

i hate the fact that is a topic question. After the iPod, but before the iTunes store was availible for Windows machines, my wife and I talked about purchasing Apple stock. We nearly dumped $2,000 to $3,000 on it (was about $24 a share i think), but ultimately decided against it.

I hate myself for that.

5. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I know 2 people who were in the first 100 Apple employees so they had lots of share options. They sold their shares in 1997 for over £20 million. If they had staved off until now then they would be so incredibly rich. Shares were at $4 then so they could have made £220 million. They dont feel to bad though as they are still very rich people.

6. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

7. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I looked into it and find an ivestment banker. They can normally help or you can set up a bank account that will trade however much you want into stock each month. There are almost certainly other ways but these are the two that i have found

8. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

I wish I had the balls to buy some Apple stock. The way I see it, they have so much marketshare to gain, and over the next several years I see them doing just that. Too bad I'm a cheap, spineless, non-investor. :(

9. therevolution macrumors 6502

If you don't want to deal with brokers and save some money, you can open an account at a discount brokerage such as E*TRADE (disclaimer: I work for them). There are plenty of other ones as well, such as TD Ameritrade, Schwab, Fidelity, Scottrade, Sharebuilder, and many others. They all vary in price and features. All the ones I listed are reputable; they won't go out of business tomorrow or anything.

Whichever way you go, I recommend you do some homework. Learn about the basics of stock trading, how to understand things like P/E ratios and market caps. Being informed is absolutely key. You don't have to spend years or even months doing this, but I don't think you should buy stocks on your first day, either.

10. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Well, seeing as how you know a little bit about this stuff, do you mind if I ask what you think of buying Apple stock at this time based on whatever it is you stock junkies base your buying/selling decisions on? :p

11. manosaurus thread starter macrumors 6502

manosaurus

I think I going to go with Scott Trade. I signed up and created an account today but didn't get to the part where I transfered funds from my bank account so I can't buy shares until tommorow morning but that's assuming I can get everything up and going.

12. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I'm with Scottrade after being disappointed with E-Trade. Scottrade is great so far and i like the fact that everything is $7/trade and you can call a trade in if you're away from the computer. Most cities have a Scottrade office if you want to talk face-to-face.

They'll send you official documents to sign-off on before you trade.

13. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Investing in January can be a real roller-coaster. The markets behave strangely. Add to this, we are getting a change in who is running the legislative branch. There is a lot of uncertainty. Markets may pull back for awhile. Really hard to say. Apple may get a bounce after WWDC, only to lose value as the sector takes a beating. I have read that 4th quarter retail was not robust. When the earnings start coming in, if they are flat, we may see pressure from that as well. I have set aside cash in money markets hoping to buy on the down. AAPL is a primary target. I do think even at the current price, it is a very safe investment. I also think it will break through $100. In fact, I cannot think of a better tech stock to have.