AAPL Surging Following Extremely Positive Analyst Comments

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 19, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple's stock price has surged nearly 6 percent today following extremely bullish comments from Topeka's Brian White. White feels that the recent drop off in Apple's stock price has little to do with the fundamentals of the company and that the stock is ready for significant growth.

[​IMG]
    Apple's stock price broke through the $700 barrier for the first time back in September but had been on a significant slide since then.

Update: Apple ended the day up $38/share, or more than 7 percent, closing at $565.

Article Link: AAPL Surging Following Extremely Positive Analyst Comments

2. macrumors 6502

SuperMatt

In my opinion, many of these "analysts" should be investigated by the SEC. After Apple's earnings call, it was all doom-and-gloom. Now that it appears they've pushed the stock down as low as it will go, they're all "best stock EVAH!" again. They all dumped at $700, spread bad news, now they're reversing course. Bringing the stock back up should be a far easier task than crushing it for them, considering just how insanely great Apple's earnings continue to be.

3. macrumors 68000

1080p

I remember when I bought stock at $16 a share. Best decision I ever made. </DREAM>

4. macrumors 6502

It does seem to be an easy way to make money.

5. samcraig, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012

macrumors G5

Personally I don't think it's because of Analysts comments but a decent "correction" in the sell off of shares that occurred over the past couple of weeks.

There are analysts posting comments almost on a daily basis.

6. macrumors 601

ixodes

I missed the $16 price point, but got in at $20 :) (true).

7. macrumors 601

HobeSoundDarryl

Hobe Sound, FL (20 miles north of Palm Beach)
    Well, if that's all it takes to add 31 dollars to the price, he should just call 4-5 more buddies to also post some "very positive comments" to run it right back to $700... or maybe 7-8 buddies could write some positive things to run it to $800.

Better yet, why not just deem the Apple faithful on this site as "analysts" and the stock price could run to the moon.

8. macrumors 6502a

coder12

Agreed; once again, everybody's stocks (Including Amazon and Google) are following this trend. That's just how the market works, your stocks will recede and grow as the market fluctuates.

9. macrumors 68010

10. macrumors 6502

I remember thinking about buying at $16 a share. The G5 had just come out, and I thought it would turn things around for Apple ("this platform has legs!"). Turns out a little device called the iPod was actually responsible for turning the company around.

In the end, I didn't buy it because I just didn't have enough confidence in the Mac as a platform. C'est la vie.

11. macrumors regular

12. macrumors 65816

proving once again that the stock market is total ********

13. macrumors 65816

Nunyabinez

Waiting for all the naysayers who have been using the stock price to prove that Apple is failing to jump in and proclaim how obviously Apple is no longer doomed; Just look at how the stock is doing. Hopefully, this will be a lesson to some that the speculation of investors is not a direct proxy for the success of a company. If you look at enough stock prices and compare them to the fundamentals and ratios, you will see that investors are anything but rational.

14. Rocketman, Nov 19, 2012

macrumors 603

Rocketman

Attached Files:

15. iMaven, Nov 19, 2012

macrumors 6502

iMaven

16. macrumors regular

Apple has truly rewarded the faithful who've hung onto the stock since the early 90s, when every sign and sage said sell.

17. macrumors 6502a

I hate you....respectfully. :)

18. macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

"Apple will do well in the coming months."

Am I doing it right?

19. macrumors regular

I hate how I bought in before the heavily manipulated stock prices :/

Still holding on to $664.

20. macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Wasn't it AC/DC? Lol

21. macrumors 601

ixodes

Point taken (in context) :D

22. macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Phew. I'm glad. I was really getting worried $500 billion market cap wasn't going to be enough to keep the doors open through 2013.

23. macrumors 68020

The analyst comments might help but I think AAPL is surging more due to overall market conditions because of hopes for the so-called "fiscal cliff". My trading platform is showing green across the screen across all the stocks I'm watching today. On top of that, all the indexes are up. On top of that, Asian shares and futures were up yesterday. The massive gap up is probably due to the fact that AAPL is severely oversold due to a market correction, panic, profit taking, world economic crisis, and rumors.

24. macrumors 65816

Which is why I doubled my stake in a Vanguard S&P 500 index fund, rather than pouring it all into one bucket of risk with AAPL. If anyone here can beat the S&P year in and year out, they should be a fund manager for Berkshire Hathaway.

----------

The funny thing about chartistry is that the "trendline" changes radically depending on what timeframe and how much data you're looking at. Technical analysis is the process of drawing a longer line based on the earlier parts of the line.... that's not analytics at all. That's dart throwing.

25. macrumors 68020

Definitely keep holding. That's too much of a loss at this point.