Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
n-abounds said:
I wouldn't sell all of it, just enough so that I was down in value to what i was before the stock price went up. And if it's a vicious circle, it would never reverse. Of course, it's not a vicious circle, but I wish...

I know...just having a bit of fun.

I got in at a split-adjusted price of a hair under 25 and got out just about at the top (a little over 84). Almost got back in when it dropped to 60, but didn't...kicking myself a bit for that right now. But now I'm trying to figure out what upside is remaining...the whole Boot Camp thing has really changed the game, and I haven't decided whether it's for the better or worse yet.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
WildCowboy said:
But now I'm trying to figure out what upside is remaining...the whole Boot Camp thing has really changed the game, and I haven't decided whether it's for the better or worse yet.

Perhaps jumping on the MSFT wagon could be a thought ;)

buffalo

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2005
Tacoma, WA
WildCowboy said:
But if he's taken the profits, then he's not in AAPL anymore, and so his vicious circle becomes more of a tame line. :D

haha, true, I didn't think of that.

WildCowboy said:
I got in at a split-adjusted price of a hair under 25 and got out just about at the top (a little over 84). Almost got back in when it dropped to 60, but didn't...kicking myself a bit for that right now. But now I'm trying to figure out what upside is remaining...the whole Boot Camp thing has really changed the game, and I haven't decided whether it's for the better or worse yet.

I'm also wishing we had bought back in at $59, but the signals were not good. Trading below the moving average, STO MACD down, money moving out of the sector. But dang, up over $10 in a week isn't bad.

As for BootCamp, I haven't decided if it's good or bad either. On the one hand, I see how it'll be nice for gaming or the occasional program, but I don't know if I like how it's taking the pure Apple'ness (ummm yeah...) out of the computer. What if software companys decide to stop making software for Mac. I do like how Wallstreet is reacting and I hope the stock continues to rise so I can start making some profits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.