Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
Sony could send a camera-equipped time machine that followed the real Jobs, presented the unedited raw footage as the film, and some people would still have a problem with how the movie depicts Steve Jobs.

Reactions: driceman

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
And here I was expecting him to say, "I think we made a terrible movie; whatever you do, steer clear of this train wreck!" like most Hollywood producers.

Just like I expect CEOs of companies to think they products they produce are terrible when they give keynotes!

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2011
Why was it rated R? Language? So much for bringing the kids to see how a real entrepreneur works. Not like what we have now.

Why were you expecting anything educational from this? This is drama based on real people, not a documentary. Notice the following in the article?

"...taking some factual liberties..."

And what's the difference between "a real entrepreneur" and "what we have now", exactly? Steve Jobs was pretty damned cutthroat and is well known to have damaged Apple and products by pitting teams against each other. If you want to educate your kids for good business, give them some business ethics classes. Yes, ethics matter in business.

Bevz

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2007
UK
I think it'll give it a go. Not because of Sorkin though, but because Woz likes it and Danny Boyle directed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.