Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
I use to be able to watch ABC Live via the App and now all live shows are locked. I have Comcast as my cable provider. Was there a recent change with streaming Live ABC via the App?

Not sure if it is related, but the ABC app has always given me trouble. e.g. The live streaming section would show "not available" and the only way to fix the issue was by restarting the Apple Tv 4.

Anyone else having the same issues?

Thanks!

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
You do have to sign in via your cable provider in order to access the live content. Once you authenticate your cable subscription via the app, you should be able to access the shows that are showing up as locked.

pmart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
You do have to sign in via your cable provider in order to access the live content. Once you authenticate your cable subscription via the app, you should be able to access the shows that are showing up as locked.

I am logged in with Comcast, and the live shows are still locked. Sorry, I should have mentioned this in the original post.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
Sign out and sign back in again. It is a real PITA I have to do this almost every other week on the Watch Disney channels. Don't know why I can't just stay signed in like with HBO Go which I only have to reauthorize if I reinstall the channel.

pmart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
Sign out and sign back in again. It is a real PITA I have to do this almost every other week on the Watch Disney channels. Don't know why I can't just stay signed in like with HBO Go which I only have to reauthorize if I reinstall the channel.

I tried this several times, and with different cable providers, still didn't work. Any other suggestions?

cmcclure88

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2014
I'm having the same issue. I had previously watched ABC live on several occasions and I tried again tonight and I see the lock symbol and it says "Unsupported Geo Region". I have Comcast and have tried signing out and back in with no luck. Also tried a relatives DirecTV login and still nothing.

jdillings

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2015
I'm having the same issue. I had previously watched ABC live on several occasions and I tried again tonight and I see the lock symbol and it says "Unsupported Geo Region". I have Comcast and have tried signing out and back in with no luck. Also tried a relatives DirecTV login and still nothing.

Are you physically located in one of the supported markets of the live feed (Chicago, Fresno, Houston, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, Raleigh-Durham, or San Francisco)?

Reactions: ohio.emt

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
I have been getting that frequent last night on all the Watch Disney channel apps. I am using my Dish Network login. Did not bother Googling it because it is always a waste of time never find anything current or reliant. Anyway it keep saying I am not in the US well I am. Also it is just not the ATV even the FTV and mobile apps have been giving me that message. After a few attempts of closing and opening the app I can get it to work for a while.

I was thinking because I am using HE.net for IPv6 but even Netflix which uses IPv6 does not complain I am not in the US and I am getting the US Netflix.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
It is the IPv6 tunnel. Trying to watch Netflix in the Chrome browser or Netflix app I get a error message I am using a VPN or proxy and I am not in the US. Had to factory reset my router and stop using HE.net IPv6.

Netflix is getting out of hand. Now they won't let me use IPv6 tunnel anymore complaining that I am using a proxy. I am in America not UK, Germany, Canada etc and now they are even blocking my legal service. I hope someone does something about this it is out of hand now and it is not just Netflix either.

Reactions: bigpatky
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.