Abercrombie & Fitch Discrimination Settlement

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Hughs, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Hughs macrumors newbie

Hello, I work with the team of civil rights organizations and law firms that brought the landmark civil rights class action against Abercrombie & Fitch for employment discrimination. The lawsuit alleges that Abercrombie discriminated against African Americans, Asian Americans, Latinos, and women who: 1) applied for employment (or attempted to do so but were discouraged), or 2) were employed at an Abercrombie store (including abercrombie kids and Hollister stores) at any time between February 24, 1999 and November 16, 2004.
    People fitting this description may be eligible to receive compensation from the $40 million fund. To participate, people must obtain a Claim Form through the Claims website at www.abercrombieclaims.com or through the Claims Administrator, at (866) 854-4175 (toll free). Claim Forms must be postmarked by March 25, 2005. Thanks!

2. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

Whoa, I am wondring why you randomly chose a Mac forum to post this on.

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I suppose our threads concerning them got noticed. :D

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Or perhaps cause we had a somewhat lengthy discussion about it.

Here

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is quite a hefty sum, $40m. Just wonder how many will come forward. At least they are advertising the award everywhere possible.

6. 2A Batterie macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

Shouldn't this be sent off to the wasteland? If not the wasteland, at least New Jersey.

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Why should it be sent to Wasteland? Considering all the people who were complaing about AnF here, this should help get the word out. I know that you're in the same area code, but you don't need to defend the company.