Able to trade-in my Time Capsule from a month ago for a new one?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Gary King, Jun 10, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

I'm wondering, if I bought an Apple Time Capsule from a month ago, will I be able to trade it in for the new one just announced and released today? Is there usually a policy like this? I recall something similar for items like iMacs, where if you bought it within a few weeks from the new one, then you could trade it in?

2. macrumors member

The key is where you bought it. If you bought it via Apple Online or Apple Retail a manager might be able to approve a out of return period return. I'd head over to your local Apple store if purchased via Apple online or retail and plead your case.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there no official ruling on this? I thought there was fine print saying that if you bought a product within 14 days of the announcement of an upgraded version, etc. And yeah, it's from an Apple Retail Store.

4. glenthompson, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013

macrumors demi-god

glenthompson

Yes, it's 14 days but your original post said you bought it a month ago. That means you're out of the official return period and must depend on the kindness of strangers.

5. Jedi Master, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013

macrumors regular

14 days is the return period, your at 30 you said.

%69%

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep I know. But at the very least, I just wanted to verify that it was 14 days for sure.

7. macrumors 65816

designs216

Don't know that I'd want to. The new form factor is hard to tuck away and the AC speed doesn't change the fact that the pipe going into your home is still just as slow.