Ableton Live 6 for Mac

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by OldCorpse, Jan 22, 2007.

1. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Just out of curiosity... I've seen Ableton Live 6 for Windows floating around since at least October, but I've never seen it for Mac. What's the reason? Just curious (so don't jump to any conclusions - I'm not advocating anything, just observing). Is Ableton Live more popular on Windows? Is the marketshare of that app for mac really small compared to other apps on the mac platform... i.e. is Ableton bigger on windows compared to other windows music creation apps and smaller on the mac platform compared to other mac music creation apps... It is pretty weird, to the point where people have been asking quesions. I just haven't seen any answers... any ideas? TIA!

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Um, it seems to be available right on their website. So, I'm confused as to what you're talking about. :confused:

3. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Easy there... I know it's available on their website. So anyone have any ideas? I just want an explanation, that's all. Explanation (can't be that the windows guys are more creative :))

4. kanker macrumors 6502

5. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Yeah you can also choose operating systems when downloading. Try the demo version page to see how it works.

6. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I'm confused.

Live is a hybrid App

unless...you are referring to what I think you're referring to...

7. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

You're right, that's exactly what I'm referring to... again, I'm just asking for an explanation out of curiosity... I'm definitely not advocating or endorsing anything if you get my drift...

8. samjane macrumors newbie

samjane

Speaking of Ableton Live... I just got this all setup on my Macbook. I was wondering if anyone know how to record a live dj set with this program? And also, what cords would I need to hook up from the mixer to my Mac.

Thanks in advance :D

9. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

I swear those things are released by ableton themselves, if you get my drift. So ask them, lol

btw that's where this topic ends.....

10. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Samjane, you may want to start a new thread with your question - this thread is about to be terminated. Also, for the question of 'how to get sound in and out of the Mac' please review the Digital Audio forum posts and stickies, there is already a wealth of information here about interfaces.

11. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

ha, ha, I had that thought myself! I mean, windows versions are all over the place, and it's been months and still nothing for mac... I don't believe mac guys are any less technically competent or motivated :) and it's a known fact that companies often release it themselves, especially the next to last version to build customer awarness (kind of like a demo, but without any silly limitations), and then look to cash in on the current version... I wouldn't be surprised if Ableton did the same with the mac community.

And I agree, the topic is now dead. I'm closing this, and not posting to it anymore.