Abobe Golive 6.0 fails during launch

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dunepilot, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

Hiya,

I've run into a wierd problem recently whereby my Golive 6 application starts to launch, with the launch screen, then goes no further (launch screen disappears). Looking at activity monitor, it says that the application isn't responding.

I've repaired permissions, but that hasn't fixed it. I'm running 10.3.7 and it worked until a couple of weeks ago.

I can't just do a straightforward reinstall of Golive, because the CD is at my parents' house, 200 miles away.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.
    Cheers
    Dune

2. mcarvin macrumors regular

You could try trashing the GoLive prefs in ~/Library/Preferences and ~/Library/Application Support. The registration info is stored in root/Library/Application Support/Adobe, so as long as that doesn't get touched you should be fine.

Outside of that, maybe someone else here has seen that. I know that's exactly how DW behaved for me after I switched Macs until I applied their hot fix - bounce, bounce, bounce, die.

3. Dunepilot thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

Thanks for the advice, mcarvin. The Library/Preferences folder is now sitting in the trash, and GoLive has started to behave again. My ftp settings are gone, but I can remember them, so all is well.

Phew, now I can update some sites!

Thanks again
    Dune