? about Apple care warranty

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by southbark, Dec 16, 2006.

1. southbark macrumors regular

How long do you have to buy the applecare warranty once you have you macbook pro or rather can you wait a couple months to buy it.What is the longest you can wait

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

You can wait up to 1 year (when the complimentary warranty expires).

3. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

Shortly after I got my mini, I called the Apple Store and asked them that same question. The answer was that I was covered for the first 90 days for phone support, and for a full year after that. The person also explained that I could purchase the Apple Care any time in the first year. They explained that it is simply an extension of the one year to a three year, and that you are really paying for two years of extended maintenance - plus phone support past the 90 days. I think I have all this correct.

4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Well, if you buy the AppleCare at the same time as your computer, you get $50, IIRC.

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Really? I haven't heard about that, and I certainly didn't get that (although I did buy at EDU prices).

6. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

When I was buying my mini before I gave them my student discount, the guy was going on about $50 off if I bought it now...

Maybe I just had a misinformed clerk? *shrug*

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Interesting...special promo for the holidays? Kind manager trying to make the quota for attachment rate for the store? First I've heard of it though...

***double shrug***

8. matticus008 macrumors 68040

matticus008

Almost. You're covered for one year from the purchase date and the first 90 days of that year includes free phone support. (In other words, the year doesn't begin on the 91st day as implied in your post.)

9. southbark thread starter macrumors regular

thanks i plan on buying it i just want to pay off my credit card first