About Blizzard and paying to play WoW

Discussion in 'Games' started by marcel-v, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcel-v macrumors regular

As someone that plays Warcraft on private servers (a.k.a. "a criminal" to a couple of politically correct people), be put in prison next to murders and rapists? Refer to: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=258055

Well, I posted a message asking if anyone could recommend some good ones and had my post barred by some people who most likely think I should. I can't imagine the kind of responses I would have recieved had I posted my condoning of minority lynching. :p

SO SUE ME

The reason I'm making this post is because I am relatively new to a few forums and web communities and am SICK TO DEATH of the overwhelming majority of nerd thugs with no life aside from what they have behind their computer screens. They are intolerant, self indulgent elitists that cannot handle it when someone posts into the wrong sub-forum or asks a question that to them seems so absurdly simple that it causes them to write a page of pompous abuse instead of simply directing the person to a more useful place for example. The people that do this are completely detached from reality. I do apologize to those people that are helpful and to I say thank you for making the effort to make life more simple.

Before you critize me and tell me that you only do this to keep things simple and in order, you are completely out of line and things would be much more helpful if you are simply more polite and helpful.

As for "This subject really ticks me off; why do people keep thinking it's ok to enjoy someone else's hard work for free?" by colocolo - I bought the game. Yes, if you want to get technical of course I am playing for free against Blizzard's wishes and can give you a million reasons for doing so. But I can also tell you that Blizzard are not losing any money because I would never pay such ridiculous fees to play on their server anyway. In fact, the free servers have made them money because I would have never bough the game had I not known they exist! What do you think about that colocolo?

If you are going to get offended by that then tough, I'm still going to do it. I also download mp3s, tv shows and movies too. I have the utmost respect for intellectual property and always buy the things I like.

So, what does everyone think about playing WoW on a private server?

Now, if THIS post gets barred then there are serious censorship issues here because I am in the correct forum and not condoning anything illegal.

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

You are condoning an illegal activity in that you are breaking the terms of the EULA that you agreed with when you installed the software which you licensed from Blizzard.

Like it or not that license is a legally binding contract.

By installing the software to a "private" server you are in breach of your contract and your permission to use the software is suspended (legally).

MacRumors does not condone the illegal use of software in any form, and you cheerfully admit to stealing music, film, games.... what next? Cars, money, children?

Furthermore, your antagonistic tone will win you no friends in this "censored" forum.

I am closing this thread because it will go nowhere quickly and if you continue to post in this manner you will likely end up being banned.

This is a closely moderated board for many reasons, and your original post wasn't deleted for being in the wrong forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.