About data recovery

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vante, Apr 25, 2006.

1. vante macrumors newbie

Hello. I need some help here - spent 99$ on DataRescue II but the program doesn't find my deleted files.

I made a shortcut for a folder under documents and placed it in the finder, below documents. I then wanted to place it somewhere else and started dragging it, but hesitated and pressed esc. This made it 'crumble' and disappear, with all my documents in it. (Trash is empty). DataRescue finds only useless files, as well as some of my own older files.

Any ideas as to where it has gone?? How can I possibly locate it?

Thanks.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I could be way off, but are you saying you made a shortcut in the sidebar in the Finder, deleted it, and are now looking for the original files/folder? Deleting that shortcut will not delete the data form your hard drive, which is probably why Data Rescue II hasn't found anything. Maybe run a search for one of the files in Finder, hopefully they'll all be in the same spot. :)

3. vante thread starter macrumors newbie

Hehe, yes, I probably didn't make myself clear. Somehow, and the process is not quite clear to me.., the folder with some important docs in it is deleted..