Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daniviva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Just want to know:
Does anyone get the free laser engraving on the back of iPod via the "Cram and Jam" promo??

How can I do that?

Thanks~!! :)

daniviva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
I can't find that option......

Thank you first~

ya~ I can find that option when I am purchasing a iPod solely,

but that option is mssing when I go through the "Cram and Jam" processes. :(

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Maybe you can't combine "promotions" like that then. Although that doesn't really make any sense, you should still be able to to somehow...

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
I just ordered an iBook/iPod over the phone (1.800.MY.APPLE) using the Cram and Jam promotion and they asked me if I wanted a free engraving on my iPod.

I don't know if you can do it online, but I had the option when I ordered over the phone.

Lincoln

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2003
UK
You can have cram and jam + engraved iPod

When you order a Powerbook/ibook (or any mac for that matter) on line there are two ways to order an iPod at the the same time - a requirement for the cram and jam promo.

Option1
When configuring your Mac (i.e. adding more memory) you can specify the iPod as an option. At no point are you given the option of engraving the iPod.

Option2
Configure your Mac as required, do not add iPod as an option and once you get to the shopping basket, click continue shopping. Now go to the iPod in the Apple store and click Select, you will now be given an option to engrave the iPod at no cost (free until the offer expires).

Note the above info is for the UK Store, but the US store should be very similar if not identical.

Hope this helps.

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
I got that deal last year and didn't get the engraving. It didn't come up when I selected the deal. It didn't really mean that much to me, but if you want it engraved you should probably order over the phone so you can actually talk to someone.

ewinemiller

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2001
west of Philly
Engraving always seemed like a bad idea

If I buy a second hand iPod, last thing I want to see on the back is "My dearest love Beverly". It seems to me that getting it engraved is sort of like painting the inside of your house bright pink and purple. It may be the colors you like, but you're really going to scare off some buyers when it comes time to sell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.