About Macworld Expo NY 2002

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by LimeiBook86, May 8, 2002.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I have tickets to MWNY 02 and I wanted to know something. In the internet cafe' (last time i was there was last year MWNY 01) they had all CRT iMacs. Now i noticed one iMacs had an ethernet wire going all the way up to the celling! the rest only had a power wire. So I guess they are using AirPort connections. The internet was really slow though. Well my question is that if bring my Key Lime iBook will they let me (after the whole 9/11 thing) plug it into an electrical outlet? Is there tables or something. Plus is there an Ethernet or Phone line outlet or plug that I can plug my iBook into to go on the internet? or do I need an AirPort card? Even with an Airport card could I use their network? The last time I was there people had their PowerBooks and iBooks, not sure if they were on the internet though.... can you give me any help with this guys? Thanks! Bye:)

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

Cool! How much did the tickets set you back and are you going in to see the keynote, cause I heard it cost quite a bit to go see jobs do his best work

And sorry I don't know how to fix your problem

3. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Yea

Internet Cafes usually allow you to connect via airport...

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

if you get them early (before a few weeks ago) they're like 15 bucks just for the expo. unless you have a priority code from having gone the previous year or something... then it's free... i'm going for free (assuming i can make it) but my friends/family that was gonna go didn't sign up in time to get them free with the "alumni offer" so i think it's like 35 bucks...

15 and 35 are estimates. but it's in that ballpark amount

the keynote is NOT included in that. that, and the little conference things are much more. of course. oh well

5. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

sorry i can't help you. i've never been in an internet cafe or anything like that. can't you just e-mail or phone Apple to find out if you could take your iBook?

6. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

thanks

ok but all i want to know if they will let me bring in my iBook in its bag ?(the bag is the old macintosh 512k bag) After the whole world trade center thing, they might not let people bring as much stuff, maybe not even let them bring a big emty bag. :(