about SideTrack

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mooshoo, May 26, 2004.

1. mooshoo macrumors regular

Is there anyone using this app? How reliable is it? Hve you had any kernal panics since you've installed it? It looks like a good app, thinking about getting it, but don't want to mess anything up (I'm still not too fluent in mac). Thanks!

2. nuclearwinter macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

it kicks

some serious butt. This is the best thing that has ever happened to my Powerbook. I have the 1.25 15" model. It works absolutely flawlessly. I set right click to the top left corner and scroll areas to the bottom and right sides. Seriously, you gotta use install sidetrack. It makes it SOoOooOOOOOo much easier to use your trackpad.

3. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

best shiznit ever, flawless. Windows users who ask for an easier time scrolling, you show em your scroll-capable trackpad, they're blown away.

4. dontmatter macrumors 6502a

It's totally sweet. Flawless, stable, unobtrusive, useful, practical. Get it.

5. mooshoo thread starter macrumors regular

Cool. I was going to try it out, but I saw the other thread about the guy's computer crashing or not booting. Thanks!

6. boskie macrumors regular

I agree, It Rocks!

I've had no problems apart from wearing shiny patches into the bottom and left hand side to my trackpad from overuse...

7. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

I am that guy :(. Worked great for me until the latest version. The problem I was having was that when my Rev A 12" PB would sleep, it would wake up frozen (requiring me to hold down the power button to shut it down). I'm going to try to reinstall it since I really do miss it.

8. jmsait19 macrumors 6502

Just to add to the solid base...

Sidetrack is definitely an awesome program. After the last beta expired, it was a little bit before i could actually get the new version. I was going nuts actually having to use scroll bars and the cursor keys.

You are missing out if you don't have sidetrack.

9. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I don't think I'm missing out. I hate scrolling trackpads as much as trackpads where you tap to click.

10. PBGPowerbook macrumors regular

another vote for sidetrack! my bottom right corner tap exposés to desktop...so tight.