About the Apple Store Event 5/2/03

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by LimeiBook86, May 2, 2003.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Today was Apple's debut of the new iPods! When I arrived to the Menlo Park Mall in New Jersey it was raining outside so we parked close to the doors. Then we walked toward the Apple Store. Outside of the Apple Store was one women handing out iPod flyers that doubled as a contest entry forum to win a speaker system. At the store there were 3 deals going on. One, buy an iPod, two either buy a shirt for $10 or get it free with an iPod purchase, and number three, JLB creature speakers were only $99. The store was pakced with helpfull employees with the new iPod shirts on. There was only one new iPod on display that I saw but it was still pretty to look at. The new iPod's games are fun and addictive! The DJ at the Apple Store was playing newer song titles (at least when I was there) Also I saw these two 12 year old girls fighting over who gets to play with the new 15 inch and 17 inch PowerBooks, I thought the Apple Staff would have a heart attack! hahaha. Well it was a fun trip, and on the way out you got a free poster. The poster has a picture of the new iPod to the left and says "Live! 5.2.03 New iPod" and "7500 songs in your pocket" and I think there is some more. The shirts have a white outline of an iPod on the back and on the front it says "Live On Stage 5.2.03" then towards the bottom of the shirt in almost 16 point font it says "The All-New iPod, 7500 songs in your pocket" Well I had a fun time at the Apple Event and I hope you did too. :D See yah...

(I will add pictures of the shirt and poster when I get a chance, sorry for any spelling errors or such, I am trigger happy and excited :p)

2. SoonToGetAMac macrumors 6502

Re: About the Apple Store Event 5/2/03

So...did you get anything?;) :D :D

3. janey macrumors 603

janey

woah

is it just me or was it raining at a lot of the apple stores during the event...
    btw it's obvious that the 5/2 event would be teh Apple Store iPod thing

one of my friends got me a nice 15 maybe 30gb iPod :D
    i can't wait to go home and try it, but i'm at the apple store right now with my bf ibookin'@mwny and it's amazing, it's 9:44pm and it's still pretty packed :eek: (iPod thing is over at 10pm)

it's almost over, it's starting to get quieter thank god.
    btw BT is here!!!!!!!!!!

4. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Re: woah

they got u one :eek:

5. Playfrsbee macrumors newbie

Just heard from a friend who's sister works for mac...apparently Richie Hawtin was DJing on ipods@ the Soho Apple store during the new ipod rollout. That's pretty awesome. Yay apple!

Ethan

6. chewbaccapits macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

Who performed or showed up (artists) at the Glendale galleria and Pasadena Apple stores?

7. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

All I got was a poster and a t-shirt, i did try out the new iPod but, my second Generation 5gb iPod is fine for me :D. If I had my digital camera with me I would post images of the shirt and poster...

8. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

No idea. Probably not someone as big as BT like at the Grove.

9. senseibiz macrumors regular

I ran to the apple store in las vegas to purchase two 30 gig ipods. I had to go during my break, there were about 60 people in line when I arrived. too bad i could not stay longer, but it was very nice
    experience.

10. noel4r macrumors 6502a

i guess i'm out of touch, but who is BT that performed at The Grove?

11. janey macrumors 603

janey

BT is a guy, i love him, check out http://www.btmusic.com . he's a mac user, he was on the new aluminum powerbook infomercial type thing (the 5-10 minute long one)
    yeah they got me a 30gb iPod that i sold to someone for $450. i hate it, it's ugly and difficult to use with only one hand. i'll stick with my old iPod.

12. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

you hated it? i like the new iPods. :)

13. janey macrumors 603

janey

it's very uncomfortable to use with one hand, which is the main reason why i liked the iPods in the first place.

14. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

15. janey macrumors 603

janey

just took a pic of mine...sorry it looks really crappy and you can't see the entire thing but all the words are in there...

Attached Files:

16. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

Hmm...I think it's just not what you were used to. The placement of the buttons is to give priority to the buttons that are used most often. As before, the menu button is the most centrally located and thus easiest to press (besides the select button). The difference is that now the play/pause button is just as centrally located, instead of being awkwardly placed right at the bottom edge of the iPod.

I think probably the most ideal layout would've been to have the old button style, but rotate the buttons 45 degrees "northwest" would be the menu button, "northeast" would be the play button,
    "southwest" would skip back, "southeast" would skip forward. That way you keep the elegance of the old layout while putting the two most often used buttons closer to the center of the iPod.

17. chewbaccapits macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

Do you have only one arm?

18. Anne macrumors member

not to to worry, in a few hours this person with tiiiiny hands will be able to test whether the ipod really is designed for 1-hand use for all. I've only touched an old ipod for about 10 seconds in total, so I am not ruined by past experiences here. Now if I can only remember to report back once I get my beauty... (my precioussssss....)

19. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Yay someone posted a picture, I'll post some later :p