About the RadTech Mactruck

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bigwave, Jul 26, 2004.

1. bigwave macrumors newbie

Jul 25, 2004
    Thanks to some posts here I have found what I have been looking for.
    I was wondering however if anyone out there has the mactruck and what they think of it.
    It is more expensive then my other alternative ( 199 USD as oppsosed to the 30 USD crumpler hymn ) but it looks worth it.
    Is it?

Still waiting for Mr Fedex
  2. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Aug 9, 2000
    I guess you can spend your money how you like, however, that just seems like overkill. I have a Rev. C 12" PB, and my favorite solution is the Tucano Second Skin Neoprene Sleeve. It adds quite a bit of padding (not much drop protection), but it enables me to be freed from the restriction of having just one "laptop" bag. I can slip it in/out of any bag/backpack/case without worries of scratches or dings.

The MacTruck seems like just too much. Too much added weight, size, and *price*.

Just my thoughts! ;)
  3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Looks great, but the price scares me. I use a leather "office" organizer for my PB 12"
  4. bigwave thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 25, 2004
    thinking it over

yeah I know that the price is huge for it. I think that the crumpler hymn gives me what I want. I am a big guy and like most big guys can be a little rough on my stuff so I was wanting the best.....
    Oh well