About this Kensington mouse I have

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by The Rugi, Aug 24, 2005.

1. The Rugi macrumors newbie

Aug 24, 2005
    It's a Kensington PocketMouse Optical Wireless Micro (an obnoxiously long name for a stupid mouse). So here's the problem:

The current system I'm running is Mac OS 10.4.2. I plug in the mouse and press the buttons, all is well and good. The mouse moves around the screen fine. But whenever i click or move the scroll wheel the mouse jumps to a random corner (it doesn't activate Exposé though). So I'm not capable of clicking on anything. I called Kensington Customer Service and they asked me the usual (Is the mouse securely plugged in? Yes... Try putting in new batteries. The batteries ARE new. Did you try it on another computer? Yes, it still does the same thing. etc. etc.) and they basically told me I'm screwed. Now, it's a nice mouse. The remote thingy, whatever you call it, goes inside the back of the mouse and shuts it off, making it extremely portable and energy efficient. I just can't figure out how to make the mouse stop moving to corners whenever i click or scroll.

Yes, I tried installing Kensington Mouseworks (which hasn't been updated since March, and thus still for 10.3 Panther) and the stupid program doesn't recognize the existance of the mouse.
  2. alex_ant macrumors 68020

Feb 5, 2002
    All up in your bidness
    Sounds like it's defective if it's doing this on multiple computers. If you just bought it, I would exchange it. Otherwise maybe it's still under warranty.
  3. The Rugi thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 24, 2005
    Yeah, I did replace it. It still does the same thing on multiple computers. The problem will still persist even if I replace it a 3rd time.