About to buy iMac G5 - wait for MWSF?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by boneca, Jan 2, 2005.

  1. boneca macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2005
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    #1
    Hi this is my first post in MAC forum. I have same story as many people as I used/using PC for many years (I also working with computers all the time)
    I'm about to by new iMac G5 in following configuration:

    20" iMac G5
    512MB Memory + 512MB later from other source...
    160GB Hard Drive
    AirPort Extreme Card
    Bluetooth Module + Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse
    Apple Protection Plan

    I know that there are some rumors as updates for product line goes. Do you think that iMac will get any updates at all? Like 2.0GHz processor and maybe some software updates?

    TAIA
    p.s. how long usually Mac takes to deliver the costumized computer in US?

    TAIAA
     
  2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

    Sun Baked

    Joined:
    May 19, 2002
    #2
    Doubtful they'll be anything much beyond a speed bump and inclusion of Tiger (when it ships)...

    But this might not happen until after MWSF, since Apple is trying to avoing releasing new equipment during these events.

    You'll see a bunch of, which Tuesday is the speed bumped iMac G5 going to be released.
     
  3. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

    mrgreen4242

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2004
    #3
    Probably no hardware changes 'till late March at soonest, however, it might be a good idea to wait till after MWSF incase there are god software updates... like iLife '05 and the rumoured iWork... would be a shame to pay for them if you could wait a week or and get them free!

    Rob
     
  4. Mertzen macrumors 6502

    Mertzen

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2004
    Location:
    ]KLGA[
    #4
    If you click that tab called " buyer's guide" on top of this page you'll see that the iMac is mid cycle .. thus the chance for an upgrade is small .. but since there is but a week left there is no pain in waiting ..
     
  5. Daveway macrumors 68040

    Daveway

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2004
    Location:
    New Orleans / Lafayette, La
  6. wdlove macrumors P6

    wdlove

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2002
    #6
    At this point I would suggest waiting till after MWSF. They may introduce hardware and software during the week. It could even be a wait till the February/March time frame. With Apple there are always new thing coming. So you just have to decide what you need and purchase when needed. But definitely would not purchae just prior to a MW event.
     
  7. Sir_Giggles macrumors 6502a

    Sir_Giggles

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2003
    #7
    I concur. Great time to buy, especially since Tiger wont be out for another 6 months.
     
  8. Mertzen macrumors 6502

    Mertzen

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2004
    Location:
    ]KLGA[
    #8
    any solid proof for that ??
     

Share This Page