About to convert, Help Please

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ibook321, Jun 17, 2004.

1. ibook321 macrumors newbie

Jun 17, 2004
    Hello everyone, I'm a 23 yearold student/sales rep about to convert to an ibook. I currently own an HP 1.6Ghz Celeron/512mb ram/CD-rw/DVD 15inc-lcd notebook. I know the machine is a beast. I fell in love with the 12-inch ibook at my local apple reseller. First off I plan to buy now and pay the bill when my current system is sold. I plan to order with my student discount a 12-inch ibook/60gbhd/256mb/plan to buy more third party/airport/Bluetooth/dvd-cdrw/1ghz. I noticed apple had a 12-inch powerbook 867mhz with a superdrive for only 1000 bucks refurbished! What do you guys suggest, should I purchase the brand new ibook with a good peace of mind or is the powerbook just as fast with the included ability to burn DVD's? My hp never has given me any problems I just find the mac cool and fun. I hope I don't regret my decision, I just wondering is it worth keeping my current setup and lose money daily or convert to the mac and get it out of my system. Sorry for the long post :cool:
  2. LeeTom macrumors 68000

May 31, 2004
    If it were me, I would get the brand new one, but it's your choice. How bad do you want a superdrive?

As far as switching goes (I made the switch 8 months ago), I would do it all at once. Screw having two laptops... You only need 1!

Lee Tom