About to Graduate that High School Place

Discussion in 'Community' started by CubaTBird, May 27, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

WELP, High School as I know it is just about over with and done. People moving on, doing new things, meeting new people, traveling the world over or perhaps just staying where they currently live. Non the less, I have learned that high school was pretty hilarious. I mean really hilarious. Talk about false images and figures and people getting freaked out about the most stupid stuff I ever heard on the face of this earth. And so much silly drama as well. Drama that need not be there.

I also discovered that there are no such things as relationships in high school, again i stress its a funny thing (kinda like ironic type of situations). You know, back to the prom thing, I asked a total of three girls. One said she wanted to go to her "old" high school's prom, another said she had "plans" and yet another said "she was going with another friend of hers (girl)". You know, they say girls like confidence, welp, here's me bustin out my confidence and courage and i get stupid answers in my face. Why can't they be straight up about saying no to me, and cut the excess, I would think it would be easier. I really wanted to go to prom with a girl, make it all personal and stuff, two of these girls I knew somewhat well too. Why go with a group? Everyone will go there own way eventually once there, so your left there all alone and thus its another stupid situation. So I have concluded I won't go, of course, unless some sort of miracle happens between now and this coming friday. I have not lost hope or anything, its just im pretty much over the whole prom situation thing. Ahh those movies make it seem so simple.

Nevertheless, these last few weeks of high school that I have left, I am taking them in strides, and just laughing at whatever random crap happens. Why? Why not? I mean the heck with em all, the chances of me seeing these people ever again are virtually like never. Yeah I got those old friends and what not, but come that day after graudation, all that drama and crap that surfaced over the past four years of high school will mean jack and thus mean nothing. And that first day of summer, prolly gonna lose contact with em anyway. Why talk to folks you already said your good byes to. Time to move on I say.

Im off to college in the fall, hopefully there women will start to take stuff more seriously. At least I would think so. And whats great about college is no one know's who the heck anyone else is, perhaps thats a good thing. Start fresh.

You know whats funny again, im seriously considering asking OUT ON A DATE that first girl i ASKED OUT TO PROM towards the end of the school year. I figure why not right? Do I seriously have anything to lose? Not really I say...

Just thought id share :eek:

2. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

Now doesn't that feel good to get that oof your chest. :)

You know you could always go streaking at prom. :p :cool:

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Congragulations on your graduation (I just graduated last year).
    A pretty good summary of highschool (in most regards).
    College life is pretty good :D (so far anyway).

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Congratulation on your graduation from high school CubaTBird. A milestone in life. Yes, you should ask the young lady out again. A very nice restatement of high school life. I only saw one of my classmates after graduation. Attended the same local college and took some classes together. We worked together on a summer job, it was cutting the levies of the Miami River. But haven't seen any of my classmates after my 1st two years of college.

5. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

congrats

i have been out 23 years and very happy to not have to go back ;)

but since my town i still live in has 1900 people i see one from time to time and there are no hard feelings or negative feelings

tonight i saw a girl from high school at the local pub

6. Frisco macrumors 68020

Congrats! This is an important time in your life. I think you should definitely ask her out again. Like you said you have nothing to lose. If she says no at least she knows you have balls!

Graduating high school is both exciting and sad at the same time. High school may be on your mind the whole Summer, but trust me once Fall begins and you are in college you will seldomly think back to high school.

College will become your new high school. But without a lot of that peer pressure and clicks that you feel in high school. Sure it still exists, but to a lesser extent. People are more mature. And the girls are more liberal-free thinkers---some will ask you out and some of them you will reject.

But the important thing is you will quickly forget those immature girls back in high school and think to yourself, "What the Hell was I thinking asking that bitch out?"

Congrats on your graduation. Enjoy it!

7. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

It seems like you have a very negative view of highschool. I my self went to prom on my own, yep, im a guy, did i care? of course not. I later hung out with some friends who had a little party. Still some people ask me how prom was and just tell it it was awesome, cause it was. Now they are the ones regretting they did not go. If you REALLY did not care you would probably go on your own, but that is still your own choice. And believe it or not my best friend right now is actually some one who i rarely talked to during highschool. So goes to show you how things change, all my friends were from the inner city so they had to travel and now i talk to none of them. My advice is to make the best of the rest of highschool, you are letting these girls get to you and affect your life.

8. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

nope :rolleyes: --- they may be older, but not smarter

9. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Hey Cuba, congratulations, you made it through this level, now on to more challenges. Live. Learn. Repeat.

Have a good time with the rest of the year. Just be safe through grad, resist the temptation to abuse alcohol and other substances, or to drive with those that do. We want you live and posting to MR from college, man.

10. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

oh for sure! :)

11. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I graduated last year, and i'm so happy that i don't have go back their any more. I hated my high school. I dreaded going their but i did because i wanted to get the hell out of their go away to school. its not like i didn't like my teachers (and they like me) but the kids in my school are such brats, even their parents. Everything is a competition and they all brag about their son/daughter, and think they are perfect angels.

12. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

tell me about it... same situation here.. :eek:

13. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

no one ask this unless i missed something, but what are your plans after you graduated?

14. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Congrats!

At my school, the seniors last day was yesterday. It’s very sad, I will miss them for sure.

I agree about the drama... That part makes high school so much less enjoyable for those kids like me (and you I'm sure). I'm looking forward to my next three years in high school. This year - 9th grade - proved to be a good year school wise, and I had fun too. I believe that high school can be one of the coolest parts of your life, granted you know not to be stupid (don't drink excessively, do drugs, get girls pregnant... That sort of stuff...) but not to take things too seriously. As for girls, I’ve almost given up for now, since I realized most teenage relationships are just too dramatic and not worth the work during this time in my life. Anyway, I have plenty of good friends, male and female, that keep me company. If I happen to fall into a relationship, so be it. But like I said, I’m not going to go searching for one right now.

Once again, congratulations!

Ryan

15. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

I absolutely hated high school. Lots of bad memories and high school didn't do anything for education wise. I then went to college to start over and that kind of sucked too. So, I'm graduated now with a CS degree and it's impossible to get a job. In a nutshell, my life sucks pretty bad for the moment but I'm trying really hard to get my life on track and strike out on my own.

16. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

YOO yeah basically I'm going through the same thing... I just had my Prom last night. The past month has been CRAZY, things happening leftand right, being busy from AM til night. But it's all worth it. I'll miss high school a lot probably, but like you said, it's time to move on. They say these are the best years of your life, but if you play your cards well and enjoy life at all times, you'll be happy when your living in the present wherever life brings you.

It just feels weird, being that this is the only life we ever knew for the last 13 years... going to school, summer, school again... ect. But college will be fun for me.

So dude your right, don't feel awkward anymore...take chances, do whatever because you'll forget everyone after HS. Just live it up man. Good luck

17. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

yeah i still got about 4 weeks till graduation... so im "livin' it up" lol... but yeah, for sure im asking that girl out towards the end of the year.. what the heck right? :)

yeah and i have learned to think for ones self and not others, cuz who really matters in the end? thats right, yourself ;)

18. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

after two years of university i learned this:

1. get a girl into bed as fast as you can
    2. get her out of you're bed as soon as you are done
    3. only use step 1 and 2 if you can't do it in her bed and lie about your phone number/address

19. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

lol, well my plans for the summer are probably to get a summer job in my local area to keep myself busy.. not that macrumors posting doesn't :p so yeah

20. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

Work sucks ... i work 49 hours a week .... that leaves me the weekend to do stupid things -- lot's of stupid things ;)

21. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

Damn straight!!

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Go to prom. Even if it's with a friend or by yourself. You won't regret it, but you might regret not going.

23. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

hey guys, here is an update of sorts on the whole situation...

yeah so today at school i was like,

"dude, why don't you ask that first girl you asked out to prom just out in general now? instead of waiting until the end of the year (3 weeks left) and just get it over with now? what you waitin' for dude?

so i saw her walkin' alone after one of my periods and talked to her and what not.. first i asked if she had any plans this weekend and what not and then literally told her i wanted to go out with her... it got down to the point where she said she was moving this summer............................AND....................................................... she had a boyfriend from her previous high school............. WOW... i literally jumped back 3 steps... like it was involuntary muscular reflex... seriously... y couldn't she say this before when asked to prom? i then said well.. that explains everything... she said i was the cliche "nice guy" and what not... i said c ya round and that was that... NEVERTHELESS... i feel.. i feel like a new man haha... like it has come full circle now.. i don't have to worry about that whole situation anymore...

still what's funny though... we are still gonna be in the same period from now till the end of the year... hopefully no awkward moments will insue...

so glad i got that off my chest :eek:

24. Frisco macrumors 68020

Congrats my friend! Most guys don't have the balls to ask someone they like out once. And you have the courage to do it twice.

At least you know her situation now and can find someone who is available.

Nicely done!

25. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

yeah, it was kinda a funky situation... though what has been said has been said, and now i can officially move on. :eek: