About to purchase a refurb MPB...last minute thoughts?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mariahlullaby, Dec 17, 2006.

1. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

My school has a great deal going on right now for refurb MBPs. I can get one for $1100 along with $149 off (instantly) with the purchase of an iPod nano. I will sell the nano, since I don't need it, so that will bring the price to around $1000 for a MPB! It's too great of a deal to pass up.

I'm selling my PowerBook and going to purchase one ASAP..any last minute thoughts about upgrading from a PB to a MPB??

Edit: Forgot to note it's the Core Duo 2 GHZ MPB and it comes with only 512 MB of RAM, but that's easily upgraded.

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Last minute thoughts would be....enjoy. However as caution, i'd keep my PB around at least for the first few weeks whilst i test out the MBP. This way i can revert back if there are major issues. I doubt this will happen though.

Again enjoy.

3. techster85 macrumors regular

yea, i agree, you might want to keep your PB around just to make sure that nothing goes wrong when you first get your MBP...other than that, i wish texas tech would offer such a great deal...

4. mariahlullaby thread starter macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

Hey thanks, guys! Unfortunately, my PB is a Christmas present, so it's going out today...but to a good home :) I've ordered my MPB and I can't wait to get it. BTW, apparently it's OVERSTOCK and not a refurb, so it's new!