about to purchase NEW powerbook !!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Gokhan, Oct 24, 2005.

  1. macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2003
    Location:
    London
    #1
    hi

    i am about to purchase a new powerbook from apple edu uk !
    my question is i have now sold my 1.25ghz 15" and am wondering whether to hold off buying a new powerbook until a significant speed increase is released (from 1.25 to 1.67 is only about a 30% incraese) or to just buy one using education discount and egg card can someone also confirm this will work ?

    anyway what do u think of course refrubs are a option too, give me ur views ?
     
  2. macrumors G4

    dmw007

    Joined:
    May 26, 2005
    Location:
    Working for MI-6
    #2
    Well, I don't think that the new 1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4s are a bad value at all. New features, lower price = good deal. Yes, they should have put in faster chips, but for the $$$ they are a nice computer. Seeing how you get the education discount + the discount using an egg card, I would say go ahead and buy a new PowerBook G4. Just my $0.02. :)
     
  3. macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2004
    #3
    It's frustrating isn't it? In this thread we are discussing the 7448. No one knows when it will be ready.
     
  4. macrumors G4

    dmw007

    Joined:
    May 26, 2005
    Location:
    Working for MI-6
    #4
    Very frustrating. But the timeframe (that is if they ever get them) is short since the 'Books should be the first Macs to receive the intel Pentium M processor.
     
  5. macrumors 65816

    ipacmm

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2003
    Location:
    Cincinnati, OH
    #5
    I agree, I would just buy the Power Book if you need it now.
     
  6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2003
    Location:
    London
    #6
    k

    see the thing is i mostly use my titianuim powerbook so this new machine would be a backup but yeah the speed issue is the biggest the only good element is i dont wanna miss is the egg card discount and the fact that for the first time in my life i can own a from new is
    tempting :)

    on one hand i can buy now and sell if speed increases occur seen as the laptop will cost me £1080 so i should think i can recoup most of this when i come to sell on the other i can risk waiting for updates and risk losing egg card
    discount ):

    i spoke with apple today and cause i want the standard config they will deliver in 48 hours or so i was told

    my head is spinning :confused:
     

Share This Page