Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
Ended up returning it for the 13" Air with about 20 minutes to spare. It wasn't about the money, more the principle of the thing. I hate to buy something that I will never use, so it's really a waste of money overall. I swapped it for a base model 13" Air and maybe when the 13" Retina comes out someday, I'll consider dipping my toes back into the Retina pool, but for now, I'll save the 988 bucks I got back and be on my way. I was thinking about getting an upgraded version, but figured the more I upgraded it, the more money from a percentage perspective, I'd lose when I went to resell. Maybe it's a flawed theory, but less money spent now, so I suppose it's a decent strategy.

Thanks again everyone for your opinions...ultimately it helps reading what others think even when all these laptops are completely a personal thing.

BTW...I have to commend Apple's customer service. I walked in the store at 8:40pm, was greeted promptly, they asked why I was exchanging it and I was out of there in like 7 minutes. No hassel at all...definitely a pleasure to deal with.

Did the same. Might wait a bit till the 2nd gen rMBP comes out. I will then sell the MBA or give it to my wife.

So what config did you purchase?

dbdynsty25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Thousand Oaks, CA
Did the same. Might wait a bit till the 2nd gen rMBP comes out. I will then sell the MBA or give it to my wife.

So what config did you purchase?

Just went base model 13"...so 1.8, 128gb SSD and 4gb ram. Literally saved 988 bucks. :)

Been about a week and I'm fairly happy w/ the decision. The 13" is more the size I'm looking for, so once a retina 13" comes out...look out...I'm in. LOL.

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
Just went base model 13"...so 1.8, 128gb SSD and 4gb ram. Literally saved 988 bucks. :)

Been about a week and I'm fairly happy w/ the decision. The 13" is more the size I'm looking for, so once a retina 13" comes out...look out...I'm in. LOL.

Thanks for your reply. By any chance, do you have a Toshiba SSD on your base MBA?

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
15" is too big for lounging around.

Return the 15" and wait a couple months for the 13" Retina Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.