About to throw PSP out window!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by jamescwarren, Jun 24, 2006.

1. jamescwarren macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

I have converted a video file to .mp4 so that it will go on my PSP with the latest software. I have put the video in MP_ROOT > 100MNV01 and I have names the video file: M4V12345.mp4

I named the file so because I did a quick Google and all of what I have done above is what I have been told to to. When I get off of USB Mode on the PSP, I go to video's and the PSP can see the file but says it is corrupted! What gives. Can the PSP not play .mp4 which is one of the most common video files I have come across. PLEASE HELP BECAUSE AS TITLE SAYS I AM ABOUT TO THROW MY PSP OUT OF THE WINDOW!!!

And P.S. I would buy PSPWare or iPSP but I don't really have the cash to spend. THANKS!!!

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Throw it in the direction of NYC....it will find a good home. Buy the product. did you check Playstation.com for instructions? did you make sure when you convert the file that it didn't get messed up?

Bless

3. jamescwarren thread starter macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

yep nothing went wrong and I can play it fine on my computer.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Stick it on eBay. got mine sold today and I couldn't be happier. I was in the same situation as you... sorta. I was trying to get homebrew apps working with no luck. trying to get Firmware 2+ games working on my 1.5 with special apps. Nothing. just wasted too much time in the end for games that I didn't like.
    good luck. It can be a hard beast to tame.

5. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

You need special software to be able to put videos on.

6. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

ive converted a number of small videos with iPsp, and they play fine on it.

i didnt pay for the program either, im just using the demo version.

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

How big is the file and your memory card?...how much space do you have on it?

Bless

8. AlmightyG5 macrumors 6502

If you coverted your video to mp4 using quicktime it won't work for some reason. Take your video file and download PSPWare...It is free, just to let you know. You only have to pay if you want to encode more than 5 vids at a time or something. So just download it and drag the file to the videos section. It will convert the movie and give it the correct file name. The movie will be in the PSPWare folder usually in the Docs section. Then just put that file on the PSP and your done. I know what your experiencing because I tried converting with quicktime and .mp4 from quictime it isn't the same .MP4 from other encoders for some reason...IDK. Just use PSPWare, its fast and shinks the size down considerably keeping great quality with my experience. Any othe rquestions just ask.

9. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Good, make sure it breaks when you throw it!!

Or ebay;)

10. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Give it the boot.

Get a Nintendo DS Lite.

It actually plays good games!

;) :D