AC Power Only Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JurgenWigg, Jan 12, 2007.

1. JurgenWigg macrumors 6502

JurgenWigg

hey guys, i've got a macbook cd 2ghz, 2 gb of RAM, and only about 6 months old that has started to act very strangely. Whenever it is not plugged in, it cannot function. That's not to say it crashes, rather that even though the battery is recognized and the computer says it's at 100% (the battery lights also indicate it's at full, as does the AC power thing), it refuses to run off of battery power. If i were to unplug it, it would shut off almost immediately, and can't start up. It begins to start up, and the white front LED turns on and the HD starts spinning up, but the display never turns on and it shuts off again in about a second. I took out the battery and poked around, and when i put it back in and turned it on, the fans turned on full speed, so I reset the PMU and it's back to normal, with the exception of running from battery power.

What is going on? It's worked fabulously until very recently, where it will either shut down when i unplug it, but still start up again from the battery, which started about a day ago, and now, absolutely nothing.

2. JurgenWigg thread starter macrumors 6502

JurgenWigg

Note: Only works when i'm alone in a room, garrrrrr, this is frustrating, i had my friend come take a look and it's fine. I'm sure it'll happen again though.