Access parallels shaared folder from osx... help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by B-Line, Jun 18, 2006.

1. B-Line macrumors newbie

May 22, 2006
    I am wondering how you access your parallels shared folder from osx. I can create documents in osx and access them in my guest system (windows xp). But I am wondering how I access and open documents that I have created in xp in osx. There is no shared folder icon is osx like the one I see when in xp.

The reason I ask this is I have a copy of windows office xp and want to use it for my document creation but I may want to access the documents when I am in osx. Is this possible?

Any help is greatly appreciated and I am sorry if this has been asked before.

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    I struggled a bit with accessing the shared folder from my guest OS, Windows 2000, because the default \\Psf which you could access from the PSF icon on the desktop didn't work with the shared folder I'd made using the Configuration Editor... :confused:

But after a bit of trial and error I opened a Windows explorer window and tried the Tools -> Connect to network station**, chose station E: and clicked the Browse... button under Folder, navigated the Complete Network -> Parallels Shared Folders -> \\Psf -> \\Psf\<name of my shared folder> and made sure the Reconnect at Login was checked and VOILA, it worked... :)

**This is my translation, I have a Norwegian version of Windows 2000 and things might have slightly different names in English and even more so with XP... ;)