Access to a database using Terminal

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by synth3tik, Oct 11, 2006.

1. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I have almost got my PowerBook G4 totally hooked up at work.

On our PCs we use Reflections to telnet into our database. I believe Refelctions emulates a VT-400.

I have used terminal to telnet into it. It works great except I can not look at any charts. I get all the data and coding(?) but not the chart itself.

Both reflections and terminal act and look the same for everything else. the access to the database is very command prompt*ish.

I tried a program that emulated an AS-400 and that was a rather unsettling time. So I know I have it right with using terminal.

Even though we make the USB controllers for the Apple line and the image censors for iPods and MacBook (Pro) the company is totally unwilling to help out so I have to do it behind their back.

I have gotten a lot of help from one of the IT guys, but the OSX stuff is to new to him

any idea will be great!

Thanks

2. daze macrumors 6502

daze

Got a question, your charts are done in ASCII? We use Reflections at work too. Possible to get a screenshot to understand what the formatting issues are?

3. synth3tik thread starter macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I can get you images

I will not be back at work until Suday (at least I hope). I was able to image capture a screan shot of another page, but will need to get back to work to get anything else.

Would just a screen shot of the Terminal work or would you want a shot of the data that shows up for the graph or a pic of the graph from inside Reflections?

Sadly the most I know about the database is the end user stuff. The company made it and is proud that no one else uses it.

4. ddekker macrumors regular

telnet

I took a look around versiontracker.com for telnet clients and there seems to be a ton, not sure of your exact situation but take a look around and see... I struggle with finding simular softwares to my PC (the reason for my website lol)

DD

5. daze macrumors 6502

daze

Can you do both? Terminal and Reflections? Then it'd be easy to tell what formatting issues you are having. Not sure if it can be solved on the Mac, but could give more info. If al else fails, you could run VPC or Parallels to run Reflections.