Access to an Intel Development Box

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by cblackburn, Jul 17, 2005.

1. cblackburn macrumors regular

Hi all,

Can anyone here hook me up with VNC/SSH access to an Intel Development box?? I'm interested in seeing if I can get wine working, and therefore have windows apps running natively on OSX.

On that note, why doesn't apple have 50-100 development boxes on the net for ADC members to mess around with. It would be an easy and cheap way to get the technology out to the people, like the testdrive system HP runs.

Chris

2. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

Because I doubt Apple would want to give lots of ADC members the opportunity to screw up machines that the Apple engineers would then have to sort out.

3. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

If you seriously think you are capable of doing that, buy a dev box for $999. You could make that back in no time and it would be really fun to play with.

4. savar macrumors 68000

savar

I wanted to do the same thing, but WINE is not a commercial project, so alas there is no money involved.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Under some circumstances, you *can* charge for Wine-based products:

An example

I don't understand the specifics of the agreement between the Wine team and the Crossover team. I know that CodeWeavers contributes code back to Wine, and that they are generally regarded positively by the Wine OSS developers.