Accessibility zoom not working iOS 6 iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mrfatboy, Sep 29, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

I just got my iphone 5 and my wife got my iPhone 4S. Both phones are updated to ios 6. I was showing her how to use the accessibility zoom option (three finger tap) and noticed it now only zooms very little on the 4s. My iphone 5 zooms in a great deal like it should.

Can anybody else with a iPhone 4S confirm it is working or not? Any way to fix it?

2. thread starter macrumors regular

Don't bother. It does work. I figured out the problem.

3. macrumors newbie

how did you get it to work

please explain how to fix this...i cant get any info on it

4. Mrfatboy, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012

thread starter macrumors regular

Double tap and hold with 3 fingers. Then slide fingers up and down to adjust magnification.

5. macrumors regular

Many thanks for this. Mine was also zooming minimally and I thought my iOS was corrupted or something. I had no idea you could adjust the zoom factor. Neat!

6. macrumors newbie

Unable to control the zoom magnification: When I first discovered zoom an hour ago I was quite excited. Now it is zoomed in so close I can only see one app icon on the screen! If only it were a droid, I would have a "settings" button to instead of the silly iphone solo-button.

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Answer is two posts up.

8. macrumors newbie

Ah I figured it out: Once in zoom (three finger double tap) do a further three finger double tap, but keep touching screen after second tap and THEN scroll up and down to adjust zoom.