Accessing MS Exchange server with MS office for mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jholzner, Jan 31, 2005.

1. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

Can someone using Enterage access and exchange server if they are offsite? One of my coworkers is moving but they are allowing her to work off site but she will still need access to our exchange server for email. Is that possible? Or company is not Mac friendly but they are allowing her to use the computer of her choice since she will be working off site and at her home. Please help!

2. Rolerboy macrumors newbie

Mac and exchange server

It depends on which version of exchange server.
    ES 5.5 and beyond have something called OWA, a kind of web client for email. off site she would be able to access this exchange server via the web

if it is ES 2000, or 2003, there is a way to VPN to the Exchange server, however that must be set up with the IT people, assuming you have them, you will need a vpn client (Cisco, or use the native VPN client with OS X)

hope that helps

3. jholzner thread starter macrumors 65816

jholzner

Well, I talked with our IT guy and it turns out we use RPC over HTTP which is not yet supported in Office for Mac. He says he is looking for alternatives but I don't really think he's looking to hard. He is also concerned with "trouble shooting" since he knows nothing about Macs. I could do it but I don't think they really want to buy it anyway and they are figuring out ways of getting out of it. :(