accessing videos on music cds

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jhomayne, Sep 9, 2004.

1. jhomayne macrumors regular

on my windows pc, whenever i bought a single or album on that contained a video i would always copy the video onto my harddrive so that i could watch them at leisure without having to find the cd.

but i've noticed that i can't seem to find the video files in the cd folders with my ibook.

anyone got any help? :)

(apologies if this is in the wrong forum btw)

2. jhomayne thread starter macrumors regular

3. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Copy the video onto a thumb drive on the PC, open it on the Mac. Problem solved.

4. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

did you try to navigate through the cd manually?

5. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

when there is two different things on a cd it useually shows to cds on the desktop.

One with the music one with the video files and whatnot.

6. jhomayne thread starter macrumors regular

well that's what i thought i'd have to do but when i open the 'data' cd on the desktop all i get is the shockwave (or whatever) program that displays the video, no folders or anything else.

7. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

The files might be hidden so grab a program that will show all the files or use terminal.

8. hanq macrumors member

so what you're saying is that if you try to open the cd image thats on the desktop it opens shockwave and no folders. then try right-clicking or ctrl-clicking on the cd and select "Show Package Contents". and the contents of the cd should show up in a new window. im not sure if this works on a cd though. i have no way of testing this so could you post it if i works. or use terminal if this doesn't work.

9. jhomayne thread starter macrumors regular

sorry. i shall explain a bit better.

when i insert the cd i, as you know, get one folder with the 3 tracks on it (the cd to which i refer is The Libertines' 'Can't Stand Me Now' single) and another folder which contains a macromedia application 'Libertines' which loads the video viewer and nothing else.

i'm guessing that the files are hidden.

how would i go about using terminal?

10. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

the basic command to look at file is "LS" then you have sub commands -a, -v you can find all of this by "man ls"

forgot you have to "cd" back to the volume or type "cd" drag the file cd to the terminal window