Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itoddm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
North Carolina
I've just looked over the accessories I have purchased for my iPad and realized I have spent approximately $330. This doesn't include apps I've purchased or apps I want to purchase. Also doesn't include accessories that I want to purchase still (keyboard, applecare), Also I ended up buying a brand new Timbuk2 messenger bag that would fit the ipad to replace my older messenger bag (that set me back $90) and I didn't include it in the total above.

I know I'm not alone in this.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I won't add up what I have spent in cases, but I sure hope the next-gen iPad has internal changes only!

itoddm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
North Carolina
I won't add up what I have spent in cases, but I sure hope the next-gen iPad has internal changes only!

I so agree with you on that. The issue is that we all "care" for our products and what protection that is similar to Apple Design and no one can get that right. Plus we each have our own specific needs that we want built into the case (or whatever it is).

doodude

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
pssst, look behind you...
It sounds to me like a whole lot of 'impulse' shopping going on here. :eek:

Guys, get a grip on your selves, ( a slap across each cheek. as in facial cheek...) you dont have to buy everything today, ya know!? Pace yourselves... ;)

itoddm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
North Carolina
It sounds to me like a whole lot of 'impulse' shopping going on here. :eek:

Guys, get a grip on your selves, ( a slap across each cheek. as in facial cheek...) you dont have to buy everything today, ya know!? Pace yourselves... ;)

Buzz kill....lol

Merthyrboy

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2008
How did you manage to spend $330 on accessories?
I've only bought the apple case which was £25 not sure how much in dollars but $330 is a lot of money

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I've only bought the apple case which was £25 not sure how much in dollars but $330 is a lot of money

If you include bags, then you can get up there very quick. I don't even want to think how much I have spent between cases and bags. My other accessory spending hasn't been TOO bad. :rolleyes:

doodude

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
pssst, look behind you...
You should spend what you want & I'm in your corner to preserve your right to do so without judgement.

But I'm curious as to why. I just don't get that sort of thinking.

I'm single, make good money & I have no debt other than credit cards I pay every month. My house & cars are paid for. But I would never pay an outrageous fee for something that...

You know, forget that.

I hope you enjoy your purchases & you live a happy & full life.

As I was writing my thoughts above I realized that I was indeed being judgmental & I apologize.
The reason I continue to write this rather than just erase it is to solidify that epiphany in my head.

May we all enjoy our iPads, apps & cases to their fullest extent! :)

MacJames8

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2010

I can see that $300 is easily reachable.
Here is my simple 3 pieces accessories for iPad and I am half way to 300.

Powersupport Anti-Glare Film 24.95
TrendyDigital PadPal Convertible Case : 39.99
Apple Wireless Keyboard: 69.00

Total: 133.94

I am sure I will spend more on iPad.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
You should spend what you want & I'm in your corner to preserve your right to do so without judgement.

But I'm curious as to why. I just don't get that sort of thinking.

I'm single, make good money & I have no debt other than credit cards I pay every month. My house & cars are paid for. But I would never pay an outrageous fee for something that...

You know, forget that.

I hope you enjoy your purchases & you live a happy & full life.

As I was writing my thoughts above I realized that I was indeed being judgmental & I apologize.
The reason I continue to write this rather than just erase it is to solidify that epiphany in my head.

May we all enjoy our iPads, apps & cases to their fullest extent! :)
That is key, as long as you are spending within your means and such, then go for it if it floats your boat.

At this point in my life, every penny counts and i can't just buy what i see/want. My $30 to ATT and $9 to nextflix take almost 1/2 of the personal spending money i get a month currently (which is why i still need a haircut). May no one here ever have to go thru a nasty divorce.... But anyway, I have to think about every single purchase. Do i have a list of things I'd like? sure....someday right?

Besides, if you are all buying and posting reviews - it saves me money on research! LOL!! :D

jackwins

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
OK... Are you ready for this?!?!

Purchased so far (not including the 64G 3G iPad)
Vaja iVolution: $150
Vaja Agenda: $300
Otterbox Defender: $90
Full Bodyguardz (applied): $50
Various Apps: $50
Cole Haan Messanger Bag: $300
SFBags Smartcase: $60

Grand Total: $1000

gnotti211

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2010
OK... Are you ready for this?!?!

Purchased so far (not including the 64G 3G iPad)
Vaja iVolution: $150
Vaja Agenda: $300
Otterbox Defender: $90
Full Bodyguardz (applied): $50
Various Apps: $50
Cole Haan Messanger Bag: $300
SFBags Smartcase: $60

Grand Total: $1000

Can I ask why you need 3 cases?? Hey, I'm not one to be criticizing because I have wayyy too much protection (never can have enough protection) on my iPad. I'm just curious. One for during the week, one for Friday, and one for Saturday??

Anyway, here's my list:

Speck Candyshell: $50
Incase Sleve: $40
Invisible Shield (front): $20
Apple Dock: $30
Camera Connection Kit: $30
6ft Power Adapter: $30
Griffin Car Charger: $25
--------------------------------
Total = $225

jackwins

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
Can I ask why you need 3 cases?? Hey, I'm not one to be criticizing because I have wayyy too much protection (never can have enough protection) on my iPad. I'm just curious. One for during the week, one for Friday, and one for Saturday??

Anyway, here's my list:

Total = $225

I admit, I have an impulse buying problem! However, I dont regret purchasing any of them. Vaja makes great products as well as Otterbox. I will probably be selling the iVolution Top, but if not, I have options.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro

Anyway, here's my list:

Total = $225

I admit, I have an impulse buying problem! However, I dont regret purchasing any of them. Vaja makes great products as well as Otterbox. I will probably be selling the iVolution Top, but if not, I have options.

I see no problem with more than one case.

Do you only own one pair of shoes? One belt? One wallet? One handbag? One outfit?

I would love to get a third case for variety (I have the Apple case and a Vaja Agenda case), but the colors left on the Vaja site do not interest me at this point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.