Accessories for Black Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ronalsk, Jan 26, 2007.

1. ronalsk macrumors newbie

Any other proud owners of Black macbooks want to share their favorite accessories to protect the outside case, keyboard and screen?

2. notwist macrumors regular

3. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Outside case: invisible skin by BestSkinsEver and/or Speck hard shell case (I have one sitting around, brand enw)

Keyboard: buy from eBay as it is half the price of an iSkin and covers more area (palm rests)

Screen: buy from eBay again, it's about $16 shipped and well worth the money.

I've purchased everything I listed. Great investment for the long run when you want to resell the blackbook as it will be in brand new condition :)

4. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

hey buddy i'm interested in the BestSkinsEver skin for my black macbook....would you mind taking some real pic of your macbook so i can see the way it fits and the way it looks??

i saw two photos in the BesSkinsEver website, but they look to hifi :p i want something more "real" :)

5. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I had pics of the skin on my white MB but I can't find it...hope these will suffice.

Attached Files:

6. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

nice nice.....it takes the Mate look of the blackbook but if it protects it more amen.

One question though.....do you think it's really worth it? it the sking thick enough to protect it against scratches ?

7. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Worth every penny. I've tried using my nail (which doesn't do much damage anyways) and my keys over the skin. The keys don't even leave scratches marks on the skin. Watch the videos on ShieldZone and you'll have an idea as to how strong this material is. Just remember to buy from BestSkinsEver as it is the same product except half the price!

8. drewby macrumors member

drewby

i notice that it is for the top/bottom/inside, but not for the sides (due to curves, i imagine). i would worry about the sides scratching - that's where my old 12 inch pb showed it's signs of my usage before it was stolen. what's your opinion?

9. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Well there's not much you can do about the sides since the superdrive and ports are on the side if you're considering the invisible skin..

there is a solution though, if you don't mind a few millimeters of bulk...Speck Hard Shell Case. It's costly...$50 + shipping but it protects the macbook very well. I actually have one just sitting around. New, unused that I'm willing to sell as I don't have a use for it.

10. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

I just got my Foof Bag in from Australia,.. I must say its pretty sweet. If you have not, check out their website. Nothing like a custom laptop case for about 40$ us shipped. Check em out here ---> foofshop.com :)

11. Obake macrumors newbie

What protection did you get for the screen? Can you post pictures and a short description/review?

12. jhande macrumors 6502

Apart from hating their website, Crumpler bags are my favorite. I love walking into a corporate meeting with a screaming red Base-Toucher backpack. :D

13. tshakey macrumors member

this issue puts me in a moral dilemma, which is more important?
    protecting from scratches and damage or preserving the perfect simplistic look of unadultered macbook

14. JBazz macrumors 6502

I havent received my black macbook yet, but I ordered this off of decalgirl....

[​IMG]

I am currently looking for someone to do a custom Klimt, so if any photoshop guys/girls want some change pm me.

15. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I bought from this seller.

Unfortunately I do not have pics because I sold my white Macbook and that had a screen protector. The screen protector I purchased for the black MB was back-ordered so I haven't received it yet. It's at least 99% optically clear as the listing states but I think its 100% clear, I didn't even notice the protector was there! Well money spent for something less than $10 shipped (Though the link may show $11 shipped, he had another listing for less than $10 shipped which I bought for the black MB).

Aren't both serving the same purpose, just differently worded?

16. Indohottie macrumors 6502

Indohottie

Do they sell a black power adapter or a black ipod dock?

Frank

17. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I would love a black adapter but unfortunately you have to DIY...not sure about the black dock though...

18. redmeister macrumors 6502

yea that would be awesome if they had a black power adapter.... then get a black external display, black wireless keyboard and mouse. damn alllllll blacked out would be a sweet setup

im gonna have to do some research on this haha i think it would look sweet all setup black

19. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I have an all black setup (minus the adapter) :)

20. redmeister macrumors 6502

oooh really? you got a pic of this setup by chance? or can ya post links to which keyboard and mouse you went with? i'm decided on monitor but the keyboard and mouse i'm still searchin for one i want in black.

21. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

they should really make those black wires/docks to match the ipod/blackbook

22. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

It's in the "Post your Past/Present Mac Setup" but here ya go.

Apple wireless keyboard with black iSkin. VX revolution (not all black but close enough :p )

Attached Files:

23. samjane macrumors newbie

samjane

Ah, thanks for posting that link. That's the same buyer I just found one thru. It ended up being 12.99 shipped but still, well worth it I'm sure.

24. redmeister macrumors 6502

doh, should have thought to look in that thread haha whoops. thanks for posting though, awesome, just what i had in mind. ill have to go peruse that thread now for more ideas

25. xtopher macrumors regular

xtopher

wow, that is a HORRIBLE website... monkey is kinda funny though