Accessories for gifts? Best ones?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by BrandonSi, Nov 17, 2005.

1. BrandonSi macrumors regular

Someone I know is getting an ipod (latest video 30gb)for his birthday, and I'd like to get them some accessories for it.. What do you guys use that you really love having? I don't want to spend more than $100, so the bose dock is out, but does anything else come to mind? If you had $100 to get an ipod accessory (or accessories) what would you get? A good case? Do they make an iTrip now for the latest ipod?

2. M.Capz macrumors member

I know I'm getting the Universal Dock. I can charge it and sync, plus it looks good ;)

3. hybrid.09 macrumors newbie

hybrid.09

4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

A Quad G5 is a pretty good accessory. :)

But, any cute (or manly.. because it's for a dude) case should do.

Just jump on froogle.google.com and search for "iPod case"

also, the $30 camera connector is SO COOL! it's like having a 30 or 60 gig memory card for your camera... although the speed is a little EH and the battery is totally drained because of all the writing to the HD, it's still a neat thing to have.

I'm taking mine to vienna! :)

5. BrandonSi thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys! I think i'm gonna get him that speck tough case one, and that photo connector. That works right out of the box with the ipod video they just released right? I don't need anything else for the camera connector to work?

6. Battousai macrumors member

You need to check his camera name brand and manufacturer and make sure that its compatable with the photo connector. I believe that apple has a list of compatable cameras in their store. If not, you could probably find it with google.

And when you look for a case, make sure that you get one specifically designed for the 5g ipod. The two major differences with this iPod are that there is no three prong connector beside the 3.5mm jack, and the 3.5mm jack has been moved from the center to the right side of the top of the iPod.

I hope this helps.

7. BrandonSi thread starter macrumors regular

Good to know! I'll check the camera manufacture and see if it supported. The speck case I was looking at is 5g, so it should be ok. Thanks!!